Fordmods Logo

Crow Cams 

 

Page 1 of 3 [ 40 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

 
 Post subject: Crow Cams
Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 30

Posts: 3737

Joined: 22nd May 2006

Ride: BF F6 Tornado - #0077

Location: Bendigo
VIC, Australia

How much roughly is a 2nd stage Crow cam for an i6?

 

_________________

** For Sale ** http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/assorted-e-series-parts-t124697.html

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

Is it about sex? The engine in my car? Or a cure for cancer?
No?

Then f**k off

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 4305

Joined: 6th Jul 2005

Ride: BA xr8 Magnet ute

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

All Crows Cams around around $400 each
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 4305

Joined: 6th Jul 2005

Ride: BA xr8 Magnet ute

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Take note that these are BRAND NEW Camshafts. Not Re-grinded ones
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 1679

Joined: 9th Jul 2005

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BA XR6 TURBO

Location: Newcastle
NSW, Australia

I got a stage2 crow cam, bought it from autopro and they installed it aswell (back when I didnt know what I was doin) and it cost me $450 installed, didnt go too bad actually either, very chuncky, deep idle sound

but id tend to go with an rpd one more, not much more expensive and there good quality
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 4305

Joined: 6th Jul 2005

Ride: BA xr8 Magnet ute

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

How can a reground Camshaft be of better qaulity than a new one? think about it.....
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:13 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 6913

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: BF XR6, BF XT Wagon

Power: 197 rwkw

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

Nice signature Southy.

 

_________________

EL XR8
Timmeh banned himself from being a moderator.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:32 am 
NSW Cruise Moderator
Offline
User avatar

Age: 39

Posts: 7331

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: TE50

Location: ɹǝpun uʍop
NSW, Australia

the RPD ones are better value cause you can get full cam spring and Vernier gear supplied for less than a Crow billet springs and vernier gear..

BUT thats to be expected.

RPD can do billits if you wanna spend the $$ with them

pretty comparable to Crow then on the $$

 

_________________

Image

I have a car.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 2:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 1679

Joined: 9th Jul 2005

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BA XR6 TURBO

Location: Newcastle
NSW, Australia

i didnt mean better quality, I meant there better
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 4305

Joined: 6th Jul 2005

Ride: BA xr8 Magnet ute

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

eb_guy888 wrote:
i didnt mean better quality, I meant there better


And you Say this why?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 3115

Joined: 20th Dec 2004

Ride: Falcon

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

Southy wrote:
eb_guy888 wrote:
i didnt mean better quality, I meant there better


And you Say this why?


Because RPD are flavor of the month, therefore you must buy one and everybody who asks a question about any cam must be told to go to RPD :lol:

 

_________________

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 4305

Joined: 6th Jul 2005

Ride: BA xr8 Magnet ute

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

stockstandard wrote:
Southy wrote:
eb_guy888 wrote:
i didnt mean better quality, I meant there better


And you Say this why?


Because RPD are flavor of the month, therefore you must buy one and everybody who asks a question about any cam must be told to go to RPD :lol:


LOL..... EXACTLY right mate
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 30

Posts: 2256

Joined: 5th May 2005

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 5 Star Boxcar

Location: blu mtns
NSW, Australia

well people are going to plug the business they have had positive experiences with

 

_________________

Kezz's 5sp Box Car ---> RPD enhanced with a bunch of other stuff

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 3115

Joined: 20th Dec 2004

Ride: Falcon

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

Yep, and thats good (especially when somebody asks for an opinion). A little more respect towards the other companies who have done nothing but design cam shafts for decades wouldnt go astray. Saying one companies cams are flat out 'better' than anothers when the person hasnt even said what he is looking for in a cam is nothing more than spamming.

Oh and to answer the origional question - yes they are around $400. If/when you buy it call crow and order it directly as it will save you from paying the middleman.

 

_________________

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 1679

Joined: 9th Jul 2005

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BA XR6 TURBO

Location: Newcastle
NSW, Australia

excuse me? I didnt RECOMMEND rpd because their the "flavour of the month", I recommended them because I owned a crow cam and been in cars with rpd cams, and MY OPINION is that there better... so get over the s**t

if people dont want opinions, dont bloody ask for them
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 33

Posts: 1802

Joined: 16th Jan 2005

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EF Falcon

Location: Horsham
VIC, Australia

now boys stop that s**t

some ppl like
rpd cams
wade
crow

who really gives a f**k it's what cam you like
you don't have to sell there s**t for them
offer your point of viwe and be done with it
whats better to you may not be to some1 else

i like my rpd r3 but i dont force it on any1
whats the point if the cam is as good as it
says it is won't thay buy one ??

fiftyone wrote:
How much roughly is a 2nd stage Crow cam for an i6?

Southy wrote:
All Crows Cams around around $400 each


why turn it into a rpd vs other cams (it's not worth it)

end rant

 

_________________

EFBIGNIK 145.9 RWKW Falcon / 16.27 @ 86.72mph (Stock)
http://s60.photobucket.com/albums/h38/e ... urnout.flv
Image

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 3  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 31 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:51 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names