Fordmods Logo

Cyl Head Replacement - EFII stock to XR6. 

Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: Cyl Head Replacement - EFII stock to XR6.
Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:36 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: Ford Futura EFII S/W

New Zealand

I need to stop having these silly idea's. AU Fuel Rail at $18.00 is certainly the way to go.
thanks for your help.

Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

Hello again... I just removed the BBM from a STANDARD 1999 AU WAGON and it is 300. I did say *basically*... They are written on the side anyway. For those with vision lacking so much as to not be able to read what it says on the side, my post regarding this was good enough.

Not all AU poverty packs were 270. Walk around the wreckers yard and check for yourself... * 1999 AU FORTE WAGON - 300kpa ... Photos on request *

Personally have pulled 300kpa units out of AU poverty editions whilst getting to more interesting parts in the area.

Anyway, that aside....

I have AU fuel rails sitting here (having just melted their BBMS to make other, arguably, more interesting parts.

Also injectors.

Also even have an original EF XR6 fuel rail with 300kpa orignal XR6 equipment on the end.

The AU fuel reg is attached via magical trickery and is not an easy bolt on like the E series units were. Also, believe it or not (and yes - I can back this up) the E series rails are a better unit. The AU ones are cheaper a cheaper design, faster and cost efficient in construction.

Pull one to bits, splice it together, move the cups which take the injectors and weld it back together once or twice and you will agree.

If you don't agree there is something seriously looking like a chip on your shoulder.... Or a***...

Anyway.

Quote:
Holy shamolie, Tony, hell, I thought you were dead! The last time we spoke was taking a flight of stairs at Wellington hospital and that must have been getting help with my weight loss programme also know as chemotherapy.

Yeah. One of my many visits to hospital too. You don't get this injured and screwed up without the odd visit huh mate? (CityLimits)

Yuhp, me and the car are out here. Have owned that thing a long while, but every time I go to break it and sell it as parts it gets "one last drive." Then the addiction starts all over again....
:roll:

Am replacing the right rear quarter on mine too before getting back on the road after Christmas... That is THE FINAL PANEL BEFORE THE ROOF IS THE *ONLY* ORIGINAL PART ON THE CAR. Enough said.

Kerry Lindsay - I put a link in with the name. Petone.

That XR6 head should be just fine, but - like I do suggest getting it milled slightly - If nothing else it works great with the AU gasket set!

Putting some radius on the sharp corners to improve flow in the head is also a nice easy thing. Even a touch of sand paper, working your way up to a high grit count... Budget s**t, but worked well enough to keep my unit on the road and going pretty damn well for 200,000 clicks and counting.. Valve stem seals may be gone, rings are in trouble, but with no rev limiter and seeing the thing over seven thousand RPM daily --- reckon it's doing okay. I know you won't drive like that anyway. Not until the manual conversion (hehehehehehehe)

So, was going to keep the EF XR6 rail for use in the new engine build, but don't have room for it in the engine bay any longer. Am trying some tricky s**t with some 550cc injectors (or approximately 53lbs - 2.5 times more than original) and have been playing with modifying fuel rails and crap to suit.

Therefore, guess I have an EF XR6 fuel rail, complete with regulator, to find a home for.
:wink:

post1445398.html#p1445398

Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:47 pm 
Oompa Loompa

New Zealand

SWC - phongus - Fiend.
Many thanks for your comments and suggestions relating to the planned head replacement.
So far it looks like if I want to use the AU “spray” type injectors I have I would need to use an AU fuel rail with a 300kpa or a 350kpa regulator in place of the EF XR6 rail and regulator?

Tony: Futurlane must be the best damn value for money car there's ever been.
Along with all kinds of trials, errors and experimentation's you've had a lot of fun with that car and its good to see that she is still riding the road looking good in dark blue.
I seem to remember you choosing at one time to keep the cars original head and install a Wade cam you bought from Australia. that was an earlier set-up I think?
Did I read somewhere here that you have now installed a Paxton Blower - nah, that can't be right?
Forgive me if I'm imagining this - old age and the onset of decrepitude are taking their toll on my cognitive abilities.

Does the AU Fuel Rail you have come with an a 300kpa reg attached? Fitting one on afterwards seems like a frustrating procedure and not as straight forward as it is with an EF. PLMK.

Bruce aka citylimits

Posted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

No - The injectors fit straight into the E series rail. It is only the pressure that, I would suggest, would benefit from being 300 - which is the same as the original EF / EL XR6. Of which, I have a rail and regulator sitting here for you.

The injectors are interchangeable.

The setup in mine is mildly modified 1998 Tickford head (from a ute - but same as the one got), shaved (milled), with AU gaskets, and a Wade 1673 profile cam. They do not recommend this with an automatic as may have idling issues, but know of people running them. I also have a bored out throttle, J3 to reprogram the engine computer, AU injectors, 350kpa fuel pressure, pretty efficient extractors with no cat, 2.5" mandrel bent pipes with only one small muffler. 3.23 LSD, 1 tonne leaf springs, rear sway bar, lowered, king springs front and the biggest bloody front sway bar you have ever seen on an E-Series. Need bigger brakes now - the slotted rotors are good, but....... You know.... Plans are afoot. Happened to have a AU3 XR6 to pull apart so kept the whole suspension set up - although think I may have thrown the springs away in the move back down here.... d***head.

I do have AU fuel rail also, but just take the EF XR6 one!

Anyhow - will hand you back to those who know what they're doing....

Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:31 am 
Oompa Loompa

New Zealand

Thanks Tony for the kind offer of the fuel rail you have which I gratefully accept.
Please lmk per cell 0220428942

Thanks again, Bruce.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2