Fordmods Logo

Dirty/ blocked injectors 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: Dirty/ blocked injectors
Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Could i still get ok performance and good fuel economy if my injectors were partially blocked or dirty.
Well 500km per tank isnt really good but its ok.

165 Killer Wasps all packaged in a green kmart car, almost an explorer in a way...

Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 1999 AU futura

NSW, Australia

to answer your question correctly NO you wouldnt good performance or good economy.Instead of them spraying properly.The fuel will not be distributed correctly thus either will dribble or if blocked and can run lean.This can creat pinging and that isnt good at all.Also if you have bad leaking injectors,the fuel leaking into the inlet whilst the engine is off can leak past the valves and into the cylinders and strip the oil film from inside the bores and when you startup there is no lubrication there thus creating lots of wear and tear on the engine.Also with faulty injectors you can get fouled up spark plugs,running rich thus using more fuel than it should.

COMING SOON,XD WITH A TURBO...CLEVO STYLE

Post subject: Re: Dirty/ blocked injectors
Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:34 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

green car wrote:
Could i still get ok performance and good fuel economy if my injectors were partially blocked or dirty.
Well 500km per tank isnt really good but its ok.

if you had a completely blocked injector it would run like it was missing a cylinder..and partially blocked injector or injectors will give a poor idle and would be slugish..

and i dont know about 500km to a tank being bad??
is that hwy or city??
as im getting about 450 to a tank city driving and about 650km to a tank hwy driving..

Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:55 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: Custom Bedford, 79 Firebird

WA, Australia

If you still suspect the injectors of being blocked, get some Redline injector cleaner, it's the only product i fully recommend other than Ultrafuel.

It'll cost a little more than the nulon type products but its a sh!tload better..

Wrecking BA lots of parts available Pictures and prices here
3 Decks with stackers PRICE DROP

Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:22 am 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

500km city stop start.
Redline injector stuff ay, i normally use nulon.
Might give that a try and see if it helps.

165 Killer Wasps all packaged in a green kmart car, almost an explorer in a way...

Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:17 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 1995 EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

I wouldn't waste my time with injector cleaner as it doesn't clean the injector filter basket i'd pull them out and have them ultrasonically cleaned that way you get new filter baskets and seals and the flow rate and spray pattern can be checked it's not as cheap as injector cleaner but it's way better especially if they have never been done.

Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:48 pm 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

i replaced my injectors with reco'd ones yesterday and i can't explain how much better the car drives!

it's so much smoother and quieter, has more response when i boot it too :-)

when i took my old ones out they were all gummed up with black crap that looked like a mix of oil and dirt. the car hadn't been driving too badly, i just thought it was time to get the injectors properly cleaned ( iƧ been using nulon injector cleaner for a while but that didn't do jack)

on a side note, i used to have an intermittent miss on cyl #5 and my oil pressure needle used to go haywire when i was driving. replacing the injectors fixed both problems :-)

cheers
Marc

Posted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:38 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 1995 EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

we clean injectors at my workshop and most of the customers that need there injectors cleaned use some sort of injector cleaner in there fuel periodically p.s reco injectors are the same as having yours ultrasonically cleaned. sometimes we do this for customers that don't want to wait for an hour and a half to get theres done

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]