Dodgy fuel sender 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Dodgy fuel sender
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Toyota Supra RZ

VIC, Australia

this is common to all falcons (v8/6) but i've got an el and the fuel reading is sometimes retarded

for example, i have 1/4 of a tank. i turn car off, come back and the fuel gauge goes full scale but slowly comes down until it reads the correct reading, meanwhile the trip computer DTE is screwed up.

this happens regardless of the angle the car is parked on, and doesnt happen all the time.

thoughts/suggestions?

Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:15 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EF futura 96

QLD, Australia

as per instrument diagnostics ( http://www.fordmods.com/forums/documents.php?doc=12 ) , i also would like to know what is the sender and lever resistance should be showing in diagnostics. My sender is doing strange things too..

Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:58 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EL

WA, Australia

I've had this problem as well, the first time i thought i was getting excellent millage when at about 550km on the tank i ran out of fuel but the gage said i had 1/4 a tank left.

then it would go up and slowly come down, turn the ignotion off and on again and the dial needle was in a different position. this happened overa period of 2 months.

the only thing i've done is check the connection to the fuel pump cleaned all the crap out around it and made the connection tighter. Has been 3 years and hasnt happened since.

Posted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:19 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Toyota Supra RZ

VIC, Australia

axfht001 wrote:
I've had this problem as well, the first time i thought i was getting excellent millage when at about 550km on the tank i ran out of fuel but the gage said i had 1/4 a tank left.

then it would go up and slowly come down, turn the ignotion off and on again and the dial needle was in a different position. this happened overa period of 2 months.

the only thing i've done is check the connection to the fuel pump cleaned all the crap out around it and made the connection tighter. Has been 3 years and hasnt happened since.

This sounds promising, thanks for the reply mate.

I'll give the top of the tank a clean and give those connections a going over and will see how i go.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]