also could u put a photo up of how ur dash lines up with the window
gus

Post subject: Re: DOHC CONVERSION INTO ED
Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 6:57 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: ed xr6 with bf turbo everything

WA, Australia

hi all, appologies for lack of updates have been too busy with work lately,
i have nearly completed the conversion but have hit a few dramas along the way as expected, just recently done a parameter reset thanks to a good friend who has invested in all the software and hardware that ford uses to do baisicly anything to new model falcons, territorys and most other makes and models. we hoped to see some sort of life after the reset and got it running first go, unfortunately we had a software missmatch with the tcm in the gearbox, forcing the car into limp mode.... Felt quite stupid after realising that a fg zf box wont be compatible with the bf pcm.... Different shift patterns etc
So ive purchased a bf box to fix that problem, which leaves me with an fg 6 speed that i dont need,
its from a NA 50th anniversary built on the 25th of august 2010, i bought the whole car which was torched (someones failed insurance job) under the bonnet, the only damage the box had was some plastic stuck to the top of the bell housing which had dropped off from the top of the rocker cover and a small split in the edge of the sump pan which happened when i removed the box, i am certain that it was not exposed to any damaging heat because it was clean with no smoke marks or stains, all the ID stickers were like new and the loom from the box was complete all the way up to the section under the intake manifold, the alloy head on the motor is not warped or cracked either so there is really no way the box was affected by the fire.
Considering the split in the sump and the fact i cant prove that its internals are working im happy for someone to make an offer, im hoping someone can score a bargain so i can atleast cover some if the cost of the bf box, anyone who is interested is welcome to come check it out, there should be photos of the box on previous pages,
im in WA so if your interstate you will need to organise transport. Feel free to call me on 0416741466
will attempt to post some new photos of the progress soon along with a pic of how the dash lines up to the windscreen.
Cheers jesse

Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:32 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: Dohc el futura, ea falcon

VIC, Australia

sorry to bug u again but wat aftermaket locking system u use?.like name and cost if possible..basically having trouble with the door locks and interior lights staying on
cheers
gus

Posted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:29 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

im using the premium auto watch system, you will need to wire your interior lights through the earth buttons for the doors
jesse

Posted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:49 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: ford

VIC, Australia

Quote: Felt quite stupid after realising that a fg zf box wont be compatible with the bf pcm.... Different shift patterns etc

Have you fitted the BF ABS/Trac module and wheel speed sensors.??

Because the BF's communicate the VSS (Vehicle speed sensor) via a CAN message from the trac module, and the transmission will be in limp mode without wheel speed sensors and the ABS module. I would be surprised if there was any differences between BF and FG auto TCM CAN message specifications.

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:33 am 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

yes im using the bf abs and traction module and all the tone wheels + senders there is no bf part missing now it is a complete conversion down to every module and sender etc, im pretty sure the fg's software on the tcm would be so similar if not the same as the bf one, the problem is our tools we use throw up a software missmatch so i think its just locking us out due to the different models, there must be a way around it but the simple option is swap the trans completely....

all thats left now is my tailshaft and fluids..... looking forward to the first test drive =)

Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef XR6t

QLD, Australia

Nice build mate, very inspiring.

Maybe dropping an Ed shell onto a BF chassis would have been easier :P haha jks. Good work though, you must have alot of patience building this thing!

Just Falcon Around.
EF xr6t
Garrett gt3582r, 6 boost manifold, turbosmart 50mm gate, microtech ltx-12s, eboost, 044, 60lb siemens deka, 3.45 Tru Trac. 333.4rwhp@12psi Tuned by P.I.T.S

Build Thread
http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/ef-turbo-build-t103080.html

Posted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:20 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:35 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

proud to announce the car is finally running with a six speed auto, have added a nizpro stage 2 kit, but downgraded the wastegate spring and injectors untill I can afford a full dyno tune, umongst some overboosting problems and a few easy fixes (clock spring and hand brake etc ) its got balls, its running a 308 single spinner at the moment and has no dramas getting sideways :) just babying it for now untill im 100% happy with everything.
So all in all its finally done! Ill post some updated pics when I get some time.
Cheers jesse

Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: XG

VIC, Australia

Hey mate awesome work, wish I had the $$$ to do a barra engine and dash install, however I'll be sticking with the standard sohc cam mods etc :(, any chance you can upload a video of it going?

Cheers,
oze-ford.

XG Ute - 3 Seater - Auto - Dual Fuel

Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:07 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: AU1 VCT & AU2 XL

NSW, Australia

Jester-BOC wrote:
proud to announce the car is finally running with a six speed auto, have added a nizpro stage 2 kit, but downgraded the wastegate spring and injectors untill I can afford a full dyno tune, umongst some overboosting problems and a few easy fixes (clock spring and hand brake etc ) its got balls, its running a 308 single spinner at the moment and has no dramas getting sideways :) just babying it for now untill im 100% happy with everything.
So all in all its finally done! Ill post some updated pics when I get some time.
Cheers jesse
This is a game changing build mate for alot of people that would love the DOHC and the ZF!

This thing will fly :)

Any more updates?!

Posted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:25 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: XG

VIC, Australia

Post pics and a video all ready :)

XG Ute - 3 Seater - Auto - Dual Fuel

Posted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:13 am 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

it has been a long time since i last logged on...... and alot has happened..
long story short, car was running well.... a little too well... managed to blow the tailshaft and peel the floorpan open like a can of sardines! belted the exhaust flat, pulled down all the brake and fuel lines too.
so i was faced with the decicion of repairing or starting again....
i am now the proud owner of a new ed fairmont!!
this will be given all the good bits from the previous build and this time i will launch a new thread and fill it with photos and videos as i go.

as promised i have photos of the last one..... before and after the tailshaft incident

we'll start with before.

380mm disc plus 8 piston calipers!

nizpro setup

the poor thing injured on the side of the road... looking rough :)

the injury itself!!!

after getting it home i bought a ford exploader/explorer... started the turbo barra conversion on this... but i got cold feet and realised how much i would miss the ed. so heres a pic of a 98 explorer with a 2006 xr6 turbo dash and heater box mounted :D

and again with the new project (most likely to go 6 speed manual this time around)

new facing old ready for the transplant

before i start a new thread i will announce it here with a link.
glad to answer questions and help where i can.
oh and a variety of bf/ba turbo bits and peices for sale.... x2 complete bf zf 6spd auto coversions are amongst some of the items, pm for my mobile number.

cheers

Jesse

Posted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:06 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

the fraud exploder convserion would of been cool!!!

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:47 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

bry40l wrote:
the fraud exploder convserion would of been cool!!!

yeah i just got too sentimental when i looked at the falcon....and I don't think the ride would have been as fun given the extra weight

Sort by  
 Page 11 of 12  [ 168 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next