Fordmods Logo

Dyno Woes (need some advice please!) 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: Dyno Woes (need some advice please!)
Posted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 4:20 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1992 EBII Fairmont

VIC, Australia

Hey guys, I took the car to get tuned (shop seemed excellent at first) last Monday and it was given back to me on lpg coughing and spluttering all over the place. I asked for the sheets didn't get them, called up and was told the printer has no ink (still doesnt a week later) and would be emailed to me last Tuesday as I requested them to be. I sent them my email as they requested and I still didn't receive the sheets, I emailed everyday until Friday as well as calling up on Wednesday notifying the sheets still haven't come through... so Friday I called up peeved about the state of the car and how long my sheets were taking and he asked me to bring it in Monday where he'll need an hour to look over it.... Then I was told the computer doesn't email as it's ancient :? after being told they can be emailed (they have a shop email address too) so I now doubt it's been on the dyno and will probably will be dyno'd on the Monday hence needing it for an hour.

The easy thing to do here is put it in Monday, he'll do it properly-ish and i'll be done with it once and for all, but I have a 977B I wanted to put in the car tomorrow. I got the dyno booked last week (wanted a beforehand kw reading/check everything stock was working ok) and had tomorrow set aside for the cam installation, now this has held me up and I'm worried if I put the cam in and bring it down this Monday he might possibly use the cam to charge me for another dyno or something (he's expecting another tune from me for the cam as I said it was going in the following week). I'm now fairly certain it hasn't even been on the dyno in the first place I've been trying to find out how the dyno process works so I can prove this if I need to, but none of the tuners seem to want to tell me how it all works!

Dyno sheets show the before and after results with my car details on them correct? Proving my car did infact go on the dyno and was tuned on the dyno. But is it possible for my car details to be edited into someone elses tune?
Say my car never goes on the dyno but another EB or something does the day mine did, and is logged in the dyno database.. can the tuner simply edit out the VIN and the rego number of that car and swap mine in?

Obtaining the sheets has been beyond a joke (and not being tuned explains this) they have lied to me about the email therefore clearly something is up. With the sheets is it just a computer that's needed to obtain them?? I want to go down there with my own printer, a cd-r, a USB stick and even a damn floppy so there's no room for excuse this time, they'll probably just tell me the computer blew up lol, and to leave the car with us so we can get your tune on log so you have no ammo against us when it comes back to you in a worse state than it did the first time.. some advice would be greatly appreciated!

Oh I found today why it was running so awful when I got it back. There was a wire from a gas solenoid to the lpg ecu that had been hacked off by me months ago (it was off lpg for a while and I'd forgot about it), surely this would've come up on the dyno? Seems evident to me it hasn't been dyno'd. Then again no tuner in the area wants to explain the process to me so I could be wrong lol. soz about the long scrambled post haha ive been drinking!

Post subject: Re: Dyno Woes (need some advice please!)
Posted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 93 ED sedan

Power: 161 rwkw

QLD, Australia

That really is sh!t service, isn't it.
They should be taken through Fair Trading.....because you didn't get what you paid for....that's Fraud.

http://youtu.be/jJTh9F3Vgg0

Posted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 2:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ef Fairmont

NSW, Australia

I reckon you need to tell these guys when you go there on Monday. Let them know how p****d off you are with what has happened and that you have paid good money for a dyno. Tell them your plans with the cam ( dont install it yet) and that if there service was better and you got what you paid for you would have gotten them to tune your car again. Let them know that if the job is not done right on Monday when they have the car and you dont get what you have paid for, youll take the car somewhere else, let everyone on the forum web sites you get on know what a s**t shop they run and go through fair trades for a refund. If they apologize and bend over backwards to rectify the problem its up to you if you want to get another tune with them when the cam goes in, if they have any respect they will dyno your car when the cam goes in for free. If they tell you to get f**k, do so. Take your car somewhere else, let us all know what shop it was so nobody else gets burnt and make a claim through fair trades. If there has been a few claims through fair trades they will get an a** kick and there has been no claims, hopefully others who get the same treatment will claim as well and the shop will close ( bad mechanic shops need to be closed down so they dont keep giving good mechanics a bad name).

Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 95 EF GLI

VIC, Australia

dont change the cam until you sort the issue with them. leave the car as it was when you took it there. Who did you take it too?

95 Ef Gli, mods : Tickford Head, Tickford ecu, Pacemaker 4499, Venom 100 cpi cat, Redback 2.5" catback, Wade 977b cam, ba xr6 intake and SS inductions, k & n filter & leather seats. 147.5kw @ wheels

Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:27 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

cjh wrote:
That really is sh!t service, isn't it.
They should be taken through Fair Trading.....because you didn't get what you paid for....that's Fraud.

yep that's def ford ... ohh wait ... fraud :roll:

yeah mate ya been screwed :shock: ... time too screw back :wink:

Posted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:12 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1992 EBII Fairmont

VIC, Australia

So I played it his way, limped it for 2 tanks and took the car back last Friday for the recheck and he tells me the my brand new converter is stuffed causing the issue (leaking gas).

Now I don't know what to think I'm extremely annoyed for one he should've picked up on this before/whilst tuning the car and charging me $220 for a moot tune... It went on the dyno how could he miss that it was leaking gas (afr's and pressures etc)? He didn't offer me a free retune either for when I replaced the converter.. The way I see it he should've called me, told me the converter was stuffed and told me to fit a new one before going ahead with the $220 tune. But he's missed the stuffed converter and just gone ahead with the tune (and given it back to me in the undriveable state I've described in this thread...) I'm ready to go to the ACCC. I'm also having troubles with getting the converter covered under warranty so I've had to refit my old converter. $440 down the drain so far due to commercial mistakes. 2 different cases I'll probably never get compensated for!

I don't have any qualms with naming and shaming if it's infact deserved. Would you say this on him/the tuner or is it understandable he's missed this even on the dyno? The car wasn't even bloody drivable when he gave it back to me so it feels like blatant negligence to me.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]