Fordmods Logo

E-Gas to petrol swap 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: E-Gas to petrol swap
Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:07 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Oustide Australia

After some searching, I have not found the details I am looking for, as far as I can tell it is possible to swap an E-Gas motor to a petrol motor, but I don't know what is exactly needed for the swap.
Before you say it's cheaper to buy a petrol motor in the first place I live in the US and its near impossible to find petrol motors and even harder to import them. however, there is a place that has an E-Gas motor available.
Want it to swap into a 1959 F250 pickup for a unique swap. Any information would be a great help

Post subject: Re: E-Gas to petrol swap
Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:49 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

farmerseth wrote:
After some searching, I have not found the details I am looking for, as far as I can tell it is possible to swap an E-Gas motor to a petrol motor, but I don't know what is exactly needed for the swap.
Before you say it's cheaper to buy a petrol motor in the first place I live in the US and its near impossible to find petrol motors and even harder to import them. however, there is a place that has an E-Gas motor available.
Want it to swap into a 1959 F250 pickup for a unique swap. Any information would be a great help

what do you want to know?

Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:53 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Oustide Australia

To confirm that it is indeed possible to take an E-gas motor and convert it to run on petrol. If it is possible what exactly would be needed?

Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:26 am 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

farmerseth wrote:
To confirm that it is indeed possible to take an E-gas motor and convert it to run on petrol. If it is possible what exactly would be needed?

to my knowledge all that is needed to be done so the LPG motor runs on petrol [i'm only taking motor nothing else] is to change the intake manifold from the LPG version which has NO petrol injectors mounted to the intake to the petrol manifold which has the injectors mounted on the inlet manifold. you 'may' have a slightly higher compression ratio than petrol motors. you cannot use the LPG ecu to run a petrol motor [far as i know].

Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:31 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Oustide Australia

Mad2 wrote:
farmerseth wrote:

to my knowledge all that is needed to be done so the LPG motor runs on petrol [i'm only taking motor nothing else] is to change the intake manifold from the LPG version which has NO petrol injectors mounted to the intake to the petrol manifold which has the injectors mounted on the inlet manifold. you 'may' have a slightly higher compression ratio than petrol motors. you cannot use the LPG ecu to run a petrol motor [far as i know].

As I would most likely run an aftermarket ECU the stock computer would be no problem. and what would be causing the higher compression? I would eventually like to turbo the motor would it just be pistons that are causing the higher compression?

Posted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:50 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

farmerseth wrote:
Mad2 wrote:
farmerseth wrote:

As I would most likely run an aftermarket ECU the stock computer would be no problem. and what would be causing the higher compression? I would eventually like to turbo the motor would it just be pistons that are causing the higher compression?

no idea re compression, but it will depend on what model it's from as to what the actual compression is.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]