Fordmods Logo

EA MPFI Piping 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: EA MPFI Piping
Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Hi Guys, today i just bought a EA MPFI pipe for $10 from a wrecker that goes between the bottom airbox and throttle body in my ed to replace the ed pipe that had the white thing in it.

reason is because the ed pipe was skinnier one end and the other one fat and it had the white thing in the skinny end but the ea pipe is fat all the way through with nothing in it restricting it, also i bought a new standard air filter as well.

then went out and remove the ed pipe and put the fat ea one on and the new airfilter, put the airbox back together and started it up and it seems to rev a little better now with just a new standard air filter and the ea pipe, have to wait and see if that alone makes some difference with fuel efficiency.

also im adding thermo fans from a el to take some load off the engine a bit so that should make more difference with fuel efficiency should it

if i added a k and n performance air filter at a later date would that also make some even more difference in fuel.

just interested to know as the car seems to rev a little bit better with the ea pipe alone with standard air filter

Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:15 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: ED Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Very good news mate, I'll have to look into upgrading my pipe also.

Yes K&N flow much better than regular paper filters, but if you are going to be keeping your car for a while I would recommend a Unifilter. It flows just 1% less than K&N but filters literally micro bits of dust 10 times smaller than what a K&N will.

Racing an import is like competing in the special olympics.....even if you do win, you're still retarded.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]