Fordmods Logo

EB 6 CYL TO BA OR AU 6 CYL 

Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:51 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 95 NF Fairlane

VIC, Australia

dansedgli .... thats a monster ... sweet ride .. so you have the ba motor in it now ??? if so how long did it take you ... all up just working on it ... you have given me more incentive to turbo the little sucker .. :twisted: cheers

93 EB 4 Speed auto , 2 1/2 sports from cat back , pod filter , LSD , super low suspenstion , mok tickford rims 15" , 7 colour changing led parker lights , led no plate lights and still want more .. allooootttttttttttt more ..

"Drive it , Like you stole it " ... so whats your excuse :D

Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:59 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU2 Ute

VIC, Australia

Extractors are cheaper than a motor replacement. If you want a BA motor, you need to sort out the ECU which is gonna cost at least $2K unless you can figure out how to get the standard ECU working, then you would need to run the electronic throttle which would be a pain in the a*** to mount the sensor.

It took me a day to swap the engines. Its no harder than a normal engine swap except you need to cut up the bonnet and move the front crossmember forward a bit. Using EA-ED engine mounts the engine drops straight in.

Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:59 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: XR Fairmont

VIC, Australia

dansedgli, so is yours street legal? or going to be?

because i have an XR6T engine with looms and ECU, so i was thinking of doing a complete swap if possible?

I found an XR6T ute that was hit from behind for a very good price so i can swap over as much as i will need

i dont think i should have any problems with the electricals if i swap over all the looms and ECU, true?
can you see any problems apart from the cross member and bonnet?

Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

for example, will there be any problems with the speedo if i put the BA cluster in?

Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

If you are able to swap over everything then it shouldnt be a problem.

Using the standard BA pedal for the electronic throttle might be tricky but everything else would be pretty straighforward if you are able to use the entire BA loom and everything it plugs into.

Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Best news ive heard for a while
thanks

now for that cross member and bonnet.... :?

was there any problems with you and the engineer about the cross member or bonnet? have you spoken to one as yet?

Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Nope, I havent spoken to one.

Im going to use an aftermarket ECU so they want me to take a $3000 ADR 27 test for pollution before I take the car to be engineered.

I think I might pass on that one seeing as the car will only see cruises and the drag strip.

Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

sh*t thats a pretty expensive test :shock:

so im hoping that if i am using everything stock from an XR6T and just changing the shell i shouldnt have to do such a test

something i should look into i think :?

Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:32 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Dansedgli wrote:
If you are able to swap over everything then it shouldnt be a problem.

Using the standard BA pedal for the electronic throttle might be tricky but everything else would be pretty straighforward if you are able to use the entire BA loom and everything it plugs into.

so if i had the whole loom it would be heaps easier ... which would mean i would need the ba comp , ecu and all elec components ... what about the tranny & smart lock ???? sorry for asking heaps of questions dude but i wanna know if i need to spend mega or a little $$$$ on it

93 EB 4 Speed auto , 2 1/2 sports from cat back , pod filter , LSD , super low suspenstion , mok tickford rims 15" , 7 colour changing led parker lights , led no plate lights and still want more .. allooootttttttttttt more ..

Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Yeah to use the stock ECU without an edit you would need everything from the BA to make it work. You would pretty much need to take the loom and everything it attaches to and stick it in your car. Its not cheap either way. The edit can apparantly be used to make the stock ECU work without most of the stuff needed but good luck finding someone to help you try it out.

The engineer will ask that the car be taken to ford and they will plug in a diagnostic plug and do a test to ensure that all the stock stuff is there. If it is you wont need the test.

Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:11 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

so its not as bad as it looks is it ... honestly dude ... is it really worth it . ??? or am i just better off putting ef el motor , au motor ... or is there something i can do to the car for better take off without changing the tourque converter ... i am only asking dude cause ba motors look nice with the plastics and the sound quieter and go better but i dont want to spend 10 k on a car max ill spend on a car is 8 thats including everything and some cash left over.. oh crap ... am i making any sence ... if you dont mind me asking ... how much have you spend so far if you diont mind me asking

Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

From not waiting to buy extractors because they are too expensive to spending $8k on an engine conversion is a bit of a leap.

If it was me I would be spending that $8k on a turbo conversion on your nice rebuilt EB motor.

Posted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:56 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

when you dont have the money ... everything is expensive true??? .. i am going to put extractors on it but and spend the 8k on her when i get the money in a couple of weeks .. and turbo .. well thats a option .. i want to try something new .. .. my motor is only rebuilt stock cause i was hunting a fuel problem the motor will still hold wont it ... i just know a few d&*k heads that have turbo'd there car and its dropped the bottom end ...

Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

If the car was tuned properly then they wouldnt have killed their motors.

I ran boost on a 300,000kms EB motor and it was fine for 15000 K's until the rings went at the top of 3rd gear at heathcote.

A freshly rebuilt motor will take 300+rwkw with good engine management.

Spend the $8K on a snort kit, decent ECU and a good fuel system.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next