Fordmods Logo

EB II fairmont heater/thermostat problems 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: EB II fairmont heater/thermostat problems
Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1992 EBII Fairmont

VIC, Australia

Well when I bought my EB II fairmont I noticed that the heater only comes out at 20 degrees or something (it's hardly warm), I also noticed the car wasn't warming up enough as the needle was sitting on the blue. So I replaced the thermostat with a brand new one and it helped a bit but didn't fix the heater issue and I swear the motor is still not warming up correctly, and that it's only fixed part of the problem.

Basically since I replaced it the needle sits a bit higher but only on the very border of normal just past the blue, it'll peak on the N but then the thermostat will open and it'll drop back to the border of normal where it finally stays. The other thing I noticed is sometimes the needle kept going back up to then N and then dropping down to the border of normal over and over like the thermostat opening 3 times in 2 minutes. Only noticed this once though and it struck me as odd as my other cars haven't done this.

The other thing is I noticed the recirc flap was jammed shut and when I pulled it open all leaves, bugs and outdoor crap all fell onto the floor, is this relevant to my heater problem???

I've only owned the car for 2 weeks and at one point for an instance of 5 seconds the heater actually did run hot and the needle was resting on the N rather than getting up to it and dropping back down, I swear the car was more responsive too. I'm kinda stuck on what to do next??

Anyone had this problem before??

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]