eb manual gear box into el fairmont ghia 

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: eb manual gear box into el fairmont ghia
Posted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:56 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

fastfords wrote:
TROYMAN wrote:
unfortunatly el gearbox loom is part of the engine bay loom, it doesnt unplug like ed/ef..

best thing is to loop back/bridge the 2 inhibutor wires in the 4 pin white plug that normally goes to the inhibutor/gear position switch on the auto, and run 2 wires from the manual reverse switch to the other 2 wires in the same white plug..
you just need to find what wires are inhibutor/starter and reverse wires in that plug

still having abit of trubble with the wiring. what do you mean by loop back/bridge 2 of the wires on the 4 pin plug?

and if i only run 2 wires from the gear box wich are the reverse lights back to the 4 pin plug what do i do with the other 2 wires from the gear box?

if you can help explain would be great, otherwise ill try work it out my self haha, thanks

the other 2 wires that are to be bridged/joined together are the inhibutor switch wires, these are there so the auto dont start in gear.. once unpluged the starter curcuit is broken stoping the engine from cranking over,

Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:01 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: 1990 ea 5 speed

SA, Australia

hey bud this is the link for the auto to manual conversion i did it exactly as this guide says except my wiring was different colours so had to figure it out but this might help ya, best doco i have found

fordmods-technical-documents-diy-f38/auto-to-manual-conversion-guide-t42420.html

89 ea falcon " panda" ef 5spd i6 engine with wade 1673 cam shaved ported head, full stainless 2 n half inch zaust 20 inch rims n 330mm brake upgrade soon to hae m90 blower running 12 pound pulley :D

Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:31 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 42 images

QLD, Australia

i wish you sent me that manual conversion guide when i first started, would of been alot of help haha. i dont think you can disconnect the gear box loom from the el like you can in the eb ed and ef's. iv got speedo to work and all that but still no reverse lights................... but car is on the road so iv got a half a smile.

Posted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:23 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: 1990 ea 5 speed

SA, Australia

lol sorri bud i didnt evan think of it lol but yea i was pretty sure the car the guy did the conversion on was on a el if not theres another conversion guide floating around this site somewhere and the guy did everything to the pins on the ecu plug that should work for ya

89 ea falcon " panda" ef 5spd i6 engine with wade 1673 cam shaved ported head, full stainless 2 n half inch zaust 20 inch rims n 330mm brake upgrade soon to hae m90 blower running 12 pound pulley :D

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2