Fordmods Logo

EBII distributor assembly 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: EBII distributor assembly
Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

Anyone able to tell me how to change the distributor assembly on my Mom's EBII? Anything I needa look out for?

Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:25 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: Fairlane (1968)

VIC, Australia

how do u know its the distributor? have u checked the coil? have u not got spark? etc?

assuming you know for sure its the dizzy, here goes:

set it up to TDC (top dead center), you will probably need to take the air intake pipe out to make room and whatever else that is easily removed to make life easier. Remember where the plug is pointing (this makes it easier to reinstall). unplug and unbolt it, remove the cap (try and leave leads on it, saves stuffin around later). take note and if possible mark where the rotor button is pointing, should be at number 1 cylinder or there abouts from memory, take out rotor button and the other plastic shield in there. now lift out the old dizzy.

When installing the new one it takes alot of patience, aim it at the hole and just drop it in, then put the shield and rotor button on, aim i the rotor button where it was aimed before, u need to wiggle it around alot, they have a tendency to not want to drop ALL the way in. Now u may have to move the rotor button back (anticlockwise) 45 degrees because they sometimes move forward when they mesh in with the timimg gear.

Make sure it goes in all the way!! take ya time with it, make sure u have it on TDC, and mark where the rotor buttin is pointing. Be patient!
Anymore questions just ask away mate.

James

http://www.msnusers.com/picturesofyourcars/zb.msnw <----My baby

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]