Fordmods Logo

ED Fairmonts normal operating temperature & electric ra fans 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: ED Fairmonts normal operating temperature & electric ra
Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:22 pm 
Oompa Loompa

SA, Australia

what temperature is the ED Fairmonts exact normal operating temperature because i want to put thermo fans in and need to know the exact temperature they run on so they dont get hot.

Where's the best location for the fuses and relays when doing the thermo fan conversion, i was thinking next to the black fuse box because I want to do it one day and can I have a list of what's needed and how to do it and the amperage wire id need. I need to know, im running the wires to in split conduit
the split conduit will be run along the right side of the engine bay, around to the thermo fans and another one running from, the relay box near the engine bay fuse box along the right side of the engine bay up to the back side and around to the thermoatat housing along the fuel injector rails

how many meters of green wire I need for thermo to run where I want to ill be running a green wire to the sensor on the thermostat and another green one back out to the relays which will be near the black fuse box in the engine bay.

2. How many meters of blue wire I need for the aircon, ill be running it from the compressor to the relay box near the black fuse box in the engine bay.

3. ill also run 2 extra green wires from the sensor on the thermostat housing to the dashboard near the demister switch because I want a override switch incase the sensor decides not to work so how many extra meters of green wire do I need.

4. how many meters of twin core red/black cable do I need to run from the relay box near the black fuse box in the engine bay to the el thermo fans what ever length I need I want to run two lots of that length one for each fan

can i have 2 fan aircon and 2 fan thermo if so can i vahe that diagram

Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Ford

VIC, Australia

My ED runs nice and cool with the standard clutch fan. The hottest my car ever gets to is the N on the normal in the temp gauge. I will most likely dump the clutch fan in favor of EL thermo's when my finances allow for it.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]