Fordmods Logo

EF airbox and intake fitted to El! good results..... 

Page 2 of 3 [ 42 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

The bell pipe assembly inside the top lid for the EF air box, seems to be replicated in the first pipe from the EL air box in the EL induction piping.

Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 5 Star Boxcar

NSW, Australia

lol its going to be harder for the field mice to crawl into the bbm with the ef intake...

Kezz's 5sp Box Car ---> RPD enhanced with a bunch of other stuff

Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:58 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 07 BF mk2 E-gas wagon + eb 5.0

Power: 174 rwkw

SA, Australia

macca20042 wrote:
oh and the K and N filters DO increase airflow. i live down a dirt road in which i drive down everyday and no dust gets in my engine

how do you know no dust gets in. you cannot have higher flow and the same amount of filtration. i guarantee more dust is getting in with the k & n than with the stock filter.

eb v8: low loud and fast. just how a v8 should be. i guess the big question is, is it fast enough...

Posted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 11:30 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

nice work buddy, clean engine bay you got there. I would like to try that mod on my El although every wrecker i go too, all the EF airboxes and intake pipes are long gone!!!!!!!!

Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:15 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

QLD, Australia

:lol: bump :lol:

97 EL Fairmont 4l OHC .Silver.
Exhaust: Pacemaker's, 2.5" exhaust and Hiflow cat
Intake: FRAM AIRHOG , EL GT snorkel
XR6 300kpa fuel reg Stg 2 Auto Shift Kit.6DJA ECU
PM in Qld looking too buy Toyota 4*4 SR5 Dualcab Hilux 91-97 with 2.8l diesel engine/5spd manual

Last edited by EL__Fairmont on Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 2:30 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: AU Fairlane 5.0, KE Laser, 01 Kw

VIC, Australia

Strange, i ended up fitting the EL intake setup on my EF years ago and noticed the difference straight away, it had far better throttle response and also gained 50 km per tank of LPG.

Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:02 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

PM in Qld looking too buy Toyota 4*4 SR5 Dualcab Hilux 91-97 with 2.8l diesel engine/5spd manual

Last edited by EL__Fairmont on Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Full EL setup with lid.
Did i say they're wrong?
I said when i fitted it my car went better.
When i post things it's from my personal experience, not from a magazine. Don't autospeed publish JMM's crap? Sorry but i don't believe anything JMM says, especially his dyno results.
Back then a lot of guys here were throwing the EF setup in the bin and running EL, we all noticed the difference in it.

Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:17 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Last edited by EL__Fairmont on Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:38 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: LS3 VF

WA, Australia

macca20042 wrote:
oh and the K and N filters DO increase airflow. i live down a dirt road in which i drive down everyday and no dust gets in my engine so anyone holding out on em should consider it cos it does help and it does the same job as the stock paper just better airflow

u got the figures to back that claim up?

Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:56 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

EL__Fairmont wrote:
Walker wrote:
Full EL setup with lid.
Did i say they're wrong?
I said when i fitted it my car went better.
When i post things it's from my personal experience, not from a magazine. Don't autospeed publish JMM's crap? Sorry but i don't believe anything JMM says, especially his dyno results.
Back then a lot of guys here were throwing the EF setup in the bin and running EL, we all noticed the difference in it.

well i noticed the opposite of you, i have better throttle response and low-mid rev range has improved. how bout we agree to disagree?

That's fine.
The biggest part for me was gaining 50 km from a tank of gas around town, on a trip it was actually a bit more.
I use a Lambda control unit to tune my LPG, so the cars had exactly the same mixture settings, just incase someone may have suggested it was out of tune with the EF setup lol.

Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:20 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

I'll go with what arm79 said in this thread http://www.fordmods.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=25025. Until you do a complete EF/EL intake comparison flow test (airbox to BBM), you'll never have a definitive result with data to back it up.
If there is graphs or data already showing this, can someone please post it. Have I not read this thread correctly maybe??
The other thing I'm wondering is that you'll find the only intake parts to have the same part no between EF & EL will be the airbox top and airbox base and the snorkle. The ducting/junction that bolts to the airbox lid and the rest of the ducting will have different numbers. The upper half of the BBM will now have castings and threads tapped to accomodate the newer ducting, so it will have a different part no also.
This means these items are new items, meaning new tooling, extra costs, etc. Would this be cost cutting compared to just using EF items, I don't know. It seems ford has gone to a lot of trouble redesigning the intake setup, seeing the EF/EL intake engine bay area is pretty much the same.

Again I'm not saying anyone's wrong, but seeing these debates come up from time to time, these things just don't seem to have an absolute answer.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Meh i'm not getting into a debate over what's better, but i know i definately noticed the difference and that's all that counts with me.
They can show all the graphs they want, it wont change the fact that i felt the difference, and gained fuel economy.
There are a couple of downfalls to the EF setup, if it's on LPG and it backfires then kiss it good bye, the other is the EL setup looks neater.

Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:03 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghiaaaaa!

VIC, Australia

One thing I noticed is the EF setup has a 'breather' pipe similar to the BA setup? Does this have any advantage? Neither the EL or AU has it?

I put an EF setup on mine and noticed stuff all difference. Looks better though :)

Whiteline'd

Posted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 2003 BA XT

Power: 141 rwkw

WA, Australia

prydey wrote:
macca20042 wrote:
oh and the K and N filters DO increase airflow. i live down a dirt road in which i drive down everyday and no dust gets in my engine

how do you know no dust gets in. you cannot have higher flow and the same amount of filtration. i guarantee more dust is getting in with the k & n than with the stock filter.

I agree with that, While it will let through more air, the filtering is actually a lot worse letting through many small particles.

It's fine in most city street driving, though out where there is lots of dust could be a different story.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next