Fordmods Logo

EF cam angle sensor 

 

Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

 
 Post subject: EF cam angle sensor
Posted: Wed May 24, 2006 12:32 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 82

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Ride: Falcon EF

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

Has anyone installed one of these bad boys? Just wondering if the sensor is the part on top of the dizzy type shaft, and is replaceable, or is it the whole shaft with sensor on top that needs replacing.

Thanx
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed May 24, 2006 1:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 744

Joined: 10th Nov 2005

Ride: 2003 BA XT

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

As far as i know the EF's never cam out with Dizzie's because fraud went to coil pack's and then a dizzy for the EL's.

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed May 24, 2006 2:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 51

Posts: 720

Joined: 18th Sep 2005

Ride: ef fairmont

Location: orange
NSW, Australia

yes it is replaceable it is a seperte pice i have changed it on both of my efs
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: EF cam angle sensor
Posted: Wed May 24, 2006 2:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 34

Posts: 10826

Joined: 17th Apr 2005

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

Location: glenwood/sydney
NSW, Australia

cruiser wrote:
Has anyone installed one of these bad boys? Just wondering if the sensor is the part on top of the dizzy type shaft, and is replaceable, or is it the whole shaft with sensor on top that needs replacing.

Thanx
its also something im looking at replacing tm in my ef to try n fix my "mis" problem...

 

_________________

Todd: Nurse, suction.
Nurse: The patient's not even here yet.
Todd: I know.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GQpRYRcAiA

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: EF cam angle sensor
Posted: Wed May 24, 2006 3:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 3115

Joined: 20th Dec 2004

Ride: Falcon

Location: Adelaide
SA, Australia

fordfreak ef wrote:
cruiser wrote:
Has anyone installed one of these bad boys? Just wondering if the sensor is the part on top of the dizzy type shaft, and is replaceable, or is it the whole shaft with sensor on top that needs replacing.

Thanx
its also something im looking at replacing tm in my ef to try n fix my "mis" problem...


I took the sequencer out of my EF and it ran fine.

 

_________________

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: EF cam angle sensor
Posted: Wed May 24, 2006 3:45 pm 
Site Admin
Offline
User avatar

Age: 34

Posts: 8831

Joined: 18th Dec 2002

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: AUII V8 LTD

Power: 270 rwkw

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

stockstandard wrote:
fordfreak ef wrote:
cruiser wrote:
Has anyone installed one of these bad boys? Just wondering if the sensor is the part on top of the dizzy type shaft, and is replaceable, or is it the whole shaft with sensor on top that needs replacing.

Thanx
its also something im looking at replacing tm in my ef to try n fix my "mis" problem...


I took the sequencer out of my EF and it ran fine.


I'm not surprised, since EF 4L runs wasted spark and batch injection, makes SYNC a bit of a waste :P Would be a different story for an AU though, as it uses sequential injection.

 

_________________

WAG363: AUII LTD Supercharged 363 Dart Stroker [Supercharged 363 LTD Build]
WAGGIN: 2012 Volkswagen Passat Wagon - V6 4Motion.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed May 24, 2006 5:34 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 82

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Ride: Falcon EF

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

MARK.TANIA wrote:
yes it is replaceable it is a seperte pice i have changed it on both of my efs



Thanks for that will give that a try.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed May 24, 2006 9:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 51

Posts: 720

Joined: 18th Sep 2005

Ride: ef fairmont

Location: orange
NSW, Australia

it will take out the miss
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 7:03 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 82

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Ride: Falcon EF

Location: Brisbane
QLD, Australia

MARK.TANIA wrote:
it will take out the miss


Changed the cam angle sensor and well so far so good no more missing. Thanks MARK.TANIA
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 7:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 51

Posts: 720

Joined: 18th Sep 2005

Ride: ef fairmont

Location: orange
NSW, Australia

no worries glad to help
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 7:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 51

Posts: 720

Joined: 18th Sep 2005

Ride: ef fairmont

Location: orange
NSW, Australia

by the way it is just mark. /tania is the wife
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:58 am 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Posts: 59

Joined: 5th Jan 2006

Gallery: 3 images

Location: Ipswich
QLD, Australia

Sorry to hijack and revive this thread, but where the hell is the cam angle sensor!? My car's running a little rough and the computer spat out this code, so although i've been told it does SFA i'd like to take a look anyhow
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:11 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 46

Posts: 8590

Joined: 5th Nov 2004

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: AU Fairlane 5.0, KE Laser, 01 Kw

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

It's where the dizzy would normally be mate.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:55 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Posts: 59

Joined: 5th Jan 2006

Gallery: 3 images

Location: Ipswich
QLD, Australia

Walker wrote:
It's where the dizzy would normally be mate.


Thanks mate, but i wouldn't have a clue where the dizzy would normally be so that doesn't really help me :P
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 31

Posts: 3893

Joined: 15th Nov 2004

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII V8 Fairmont Ghia

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

is it that big thing that has a nice big "not adjustable" stamped on it?

 

_________________

2007 Steel BF Ghia MKII V8 - 19" GTP's + Superlows

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 25 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:04 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names