EF CMP Fault... Maybe? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: EF CMP Fault... Maybe?
Posted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 4:33 pm 
Technical Contributor

Ride: EFII Sedan

QLD, Australia

Hi everyone,

I am over the moon about just buying an EF GLI sedan, (ex D-Car too! :D ), but i'm a bit concerned about something. It seems to miss occasionally, and when its cold, it shudders a bit, as if theres a dead spot on the TPS causing what can only be described as symptoms of flooding. (TPS checks fine and smooth tho). It only happens during take-off from stand still, and only if you just ease the throttle on. If I go to, say, half throttle, I can bypass it all together.

Before I did the standard leads and plugs etc, I thought i'd pull the engine running codes to see if something came up. I also noticed that the BBM solenoid and actuator are constantly on with the engine running, even tho the engine is nowhere near 3800 RPM. The ECU popped up 214 for Camshaft Position Sensor fault. I thought maybe the BBM is on because the pip signal might be a bit weird causing the ecu to think it needs it on. Just assumptions at this stage tho. :wink:
I also heard the CMP is a prick to get back in correctly, or needs a special alighnment tool? Can anyone shed some light on this?

Oh yeah.... also reset the codes, and it didn't pop up next engine run after a subsequent code check.

THanks.

EF II Sedan
Ex Chaser, Dual Fuel (Impco LPG)
LSD High, 3.23, Black wheels, other shiny bits.

EB II Sedan <--- R.I.P. (Rest in pieces - gone to the wreckers for $50...... bargain!)

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]