EF/EL intake into EB 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: EF/EL intake into EB
Posted: Wed May 07, 2014 8:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: BA MKII XR6

New Zealand

So I was considering converting my EB1 CFI to MPFI and using an EF/EL intake...

Worth doing, or not?

Post subject: Re: EF/EL intake into EB
Posted: Wed May 07, 2014 8:30 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

even changing to MPFI is a lot betta ... changing to EF/EL involves a few more changes ie ECU & wiring etc etc

eventually i will be changing my CPFI to MPFI coz i want too PLUS i have heaps of options re MPFI .... ie Fairmont or 'S' [cluster style]

Posted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:52 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1992 EBII Fairmont

VIC, Australia

I prefer the log manifold (probably because I've been forced to stick with it for years due to my gas setup), the ef/el intake uses the bbm intake manifold which is supposed to give good power gains. I'm not sure how noticeable the gain is? i'd assume negligible but may well be worth doing but there's nothing wrong with the log manifold. CFI on the other hand is like a 20kw+ loss and not as responsive/efficient.

Posted: Thu May 08, 2014 2:55 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

ILLaViTaR wrote:
I prefer the log manifold (probably because I've been forced to stick with it for years due to my gas setup), the ef/el intake uses the bbm intake manifold which is supposed to give good power gains. I'm not sure how noticeable the gain is? May be worth doing but there's nothing wrong with the log manifold.

Bbm is better for low torque as it csn change runner size but from what ive been reading the old school log manifold is better for hp.
id personally go for a bbm off the ef el falcon.

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Thu May 08, 2014 10:17 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 9 images

NSW, Australia

There is a write up on here somewhere about what is needed to make the ef/el manifold work in your box car. I cant say from experience how easy or hard it was to to or how much benefit it gave in terms of power gains because in my ed it wasn't running when I got it and I decided that rather then splicing wires here and there, that I would just swap the electrics and dash from a donor car (cost me $50) and just fitted them to my ed.

The benefit I got was that because I had access to a code reader the car was for all intensive purposes in my case and ef, so I could get the code and fix the issue. Now it wasn't as simple as plug and play, a few wires for head lights and side indicators needed to be lengthened or the plug changed but by going that way I could fit the thermos and serpentine belt setup and it for the fans it was all controlled as per the factory

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]