Fordmods Logo

EF Fairmont - No Idle at all 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: EF Fairmont - No Idle at all
Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 5:22 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EF Mont

TAS, Australia

Hi guys, I've been hunting around in search for awhile now but havent really found anything helpful. I'm having a really big issue with the old mont atm. basically, I have no idle control at all. When I start the car it turns over and fires fine, but then the RPM just drop straight off to a stall. If I start it with my foot on the throttle a little it'll start and run fine. Soon as I take my foot off, it stalls. The car still runs and drives fine, there's just no idle.

I talked to some of the mechanic's at work, who seemed to think it was the ISC / idle motor. It made sense to me, since the car had been idling pretty rough and choppy for a few months. But I got a new ISC from Petro-Ject and I still have the exact same issue. Now, im not sure if I needed to reset anything after installing the new ISC, but there's been no change in the idle behavior at all, so. I'm thinking I should really give it a throttle body clean, but I wanna see if there's any error codes in the ECU that'll tell me something useful.

Any ideas, suggestions, similar experiences? Cheers.

Sanity is for the Weak!!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]