Fordmods Logo

Ef fairmont performance mods 

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: Ef fairmont performance mods
Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:48 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ef fairmont ghia

VIC, Australia

Lads, can anyone please give me a list of cheapish mods to do on my ef fairmont, so far its been converted to manual, pacemaker headers, full 3" lukey exhaust an j3 chip.
I'm looking at reaching maximum kw? Would like info on bigger throttle body, bigger injectors, intake mods and any other power gaining mods that aren't going to be pushing thousands. Cheers guys

Post subject: Re: Ef fairmont performance mods
Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

looks like your ready for a cam upgrade. probably the biggest mod you can do n/a to the old e series.

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:13 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

What's included in a cam package, I've ordered a stage 3 crow cam with 112 lobe separation already have a j3 chip

Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:00 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 96 EL XR6

QLD, Australia

A "cam package" is usually just a cam. Unless it's a package that includes cam, worked head etc (like the packages from CMS) but is expensive

Your j3 would need to be retuned to run the stage 3, I'm not sure what crow is like but I highly doubt it will idle on a stock tune

You will most likely need upgraded valve springs, (good idea anyway.. Don't want valve float at high rpm from weak springs..

But basically as n/a.. That's it haha.. Bigger injectors arnt needed n/a, you'll just flood the s**t out of it.

EL XR6, T5 Speed - Full Factory Fitted Tickford Body Kit, AU Engine, Billet Camtech 845 Cam, J3 Chip, MLS Gasket, Intake, Extractors, High flow cat, 2 1/2in exhaust, K&N Air Filter, 3.45 LSD, - My Pride and Joy

Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

Valve springs are a must for most bigger cams, as for injectors you wont need them unless your going to get your head ported and pull more than 180rwkw.

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 11:50 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

VIC, Australia

Can someone give me a list of mods to do to gain kw's?
So far it's had a manual conversion, pacemaker headers, 3" lukey with high flow cat, j3 chip an that's all, I'm looking at porting inlet an outlet ports on head an bigger throttle body

Posted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:37 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Ef-barrie wrote:
Can someone give me a list of mods to do to gain kw's?
So far it's had a manual conversion, pacemaker headers, 3" lukey with high flow cat, j3 chip an that's all, I'm looking at porting inlet an outlet ports on head an bigger throttle body

First question that you have to ask yourself, is what power are you after.

Power is a combination of Torque and Kw.

Where do you want that "power" to come in. Are you after low end, mid range, top end?

Do you want quick take off, fuel economy? What diff ratio are you running? What ECU are you using?

On the Mods that you have done, the 3" exhaust is pretty much a waste of time unless you are going boosted or high end Kw NA.

Have you had the extractors opened up to 3"?

Is the cat a 3"?

Proposed Mods:
1) Larger throttle body is a waste of time unless again you are high end NA. Heaps of guys use stock throttle bodieswith boost and make high numbers.
2) Bigger Injectors, again a waste of time unless high end NA or boosted.
3) Head Porting, Are you doing this yourself or getting it done by a Performance shop?
4) Cam, you will need Valve springs and a vernier gear. Also probably TPS adjustment.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]