EF Falcon Wagon Exhaust Removal 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: EF Falcon Wagon Exhaust Removal
Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:22 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EL XR6

New Zealand

I need to take out the exhaust on my EF Wagon. At the moment its broken at the middle muffler so the piece over the diff is easy to get out...

Once it gets re welded and is all in one piece. How easy is it to get back in? Or should I get it cut above the diff and make a new join there?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: EF Falcon Wagon Exhaust Removal
Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

there should be joins in the exhaust where you can take it apart to take it off the car, unless its been welded up where the joins are like mine was

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Post subject: Re: EF Falcon Wagon Exhaust Removal
Posted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: DENTED UP OLD AUT WAGON

New Zealand

Easy enough to do matey.

There is a join (U Bolt and clamp) at the a** end of the main muffler. These are easily over tightened and can be hard to get off. A rubber mallet and having another person at the tail end of the car wobbling it around as you're underneath wacking and cursing will get eventually.

This is a JOIN. If you weld this piece together you will need to cut above the axle (or at least in front of the final resonator somewhere) and weld this back on also.

This section of pipe is problematic on these wagons. Have a look around PICK-A-PART or any wreckers with a lot of E series wagons and you'll see a few issues and maybe even a few peoples fixes for them. I have seen this U Bolt and clamp removed and welded in.

Just an idea (I have not done this, but could be useful) you could put a thicker pipe over the main mufflers outlet and then put an even thicker bit on the tailpipe at that area so it slides over and can be clamped into position there without having to be super tight and hence create issues with leaks in future.

I did put an extra bit of metal from the bottom lip of the muffler to the pipe to prevent the common seam split around the pipe where it enters muffler. I've also removed the rear resonator. Performance mod to the max. Get a hundred horses from that simple mod.

Post some photos once you make up your mind and start work!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]