Fordmods Logo

EF or AU?? 

Page 3 of 3 [ 34 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: 1997 Falcon EL Gli/Sleeper

QLD, Australia

The AU's grow on you, as my mate bought a silver 1999 AU forte last year and I must say initially you think O.M.G and then like I said it grows on you and you start liking them more and more each day you see it. :D

" In life their is never an Obligation just an Opportunity to..Own an awesome 1970 Ford Mach 1 Mustang! "

Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:10 am 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

just to clear something up like someone said before i'll be saving up over next few months and should have round $6000+ and i will sell my car if i want to get an AU series falcon.. not taking out a loan..

but i must say i've driven a few AUs and they are nice.. im not fussed about the outside as long as the inside is good im fine...

and i am lookin at keeping the car for quite a few years so it prob is worth upgrading....

Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:29 am 
Tyre Shredder

VIC, Australia

An AU is light-years ahead of styling. Okay, the AU I Forte was an abomination when they rolled out of the factory (that s**t grille, 15" wheels and weird rear bumper), but in my opinion they will age _slower_ than the more conservative (boring) BA shape, but I love my BAs, too.

Resale means squat now with the AU - the damage has been done. They'd be one of the most sensible choices you could make if you were looking at upgrading to a reliable, smooth and comfortable ride. I'm a die-hard E-Series fan, but an AU will be my next upgrade, or even a BA if money permits. Hooked on AUs though :P

Spending 6gs on your EF isn't going to improve resale if that's what you're concerned about. But if you are doing it for the love and fun then go ahead! I'm tossing up spending more moola on my ED (that I will never get back) or upgrading....

Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:39 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: NC II Fairlane

NSW, Australia

Daniel wrote:
id honestly go a vx/vy holden over a AU - not saying they dont drive nice, as they do, but the looks, resale value - OUCH!

i wouldnt go that far ,but the only au id buy are the AU2/3 xr and the t3 with manual ,monsoon blue,bremboes,konies and a loud exhaust :twisted:
sorry got carried away :?

"Looking at cleavage is like looking at the sun. You don't stare at it. It's too risky. You get a sense of it and then you look away."

Now with el thermos fitted.

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3