Fordmods Logo

EF Problem - Ani ideas 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: EF Problem - Ani ideas
Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:50 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Fairmont Ghia

VIC, Australia

Hey there, I've got an EF Fairmont Ghia.

Over the last couple of days, two unusual things have happened.

First, the early Sunday morning (6:30am ~4 degrees) I turned the ignition to the ON position and everything cut out - like I had no battery in the car. Took the key out and tried again and it started - but the radio needed recoding :? . Any ideas on this, please?

Second, I had been running around the city a bit today and at one stage I turned the engine and went to accelerate and it almost stalled on me - no power. Took the foot off, pressed the accelerator again and it was fine?

Do either of these pose a problem that you may know of. I have just bought the car and found the coolant was pretty murky, so I'd imagine there was no regular servicing before I had it.

Thanks.

Life’s too short to be a pr!ck, which is why I only read decent forums, like FORDMODS!

Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:51 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: ED XR6

WA, Australia

If you aren't a bot, I would suggest Checking the leads on the battery Terminals for Corrosion... try some Steel Wool to clean them up then make sure they are tight..

Do your lights work? if not the battery is probably dead, means your alternator might not have been charging the battery..

The 6000 km Road trip... Rockhampton QLD, Surfers Paradise QLD, Coffs Harbour NSW, Sydney NSW, Canberra ACT, Melbourne VIC, Launceston TAS, Adelaide SA, Kalgoorlie WA, Perth WA.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]