Fordmods Logo

EF stage 2 cam onto AU head 

 

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

 
 Post subject: EF stage 2 cam onto AU head
Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 5:11 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 26

Posts: 123

Joined: 21st Mar 2011

Ride: four wheels and an engine

Location: right over there...
VIC, Australia

Hi guys,

I have an AU I xr6 engine in my EL ghia.
However, I wanna put an EF stage 2 cam onto it.

I heard it was possible as long as you put the E series rocker gear onto it.

Right?

thanks
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: EF stage 2 cam onto AU head
Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 973

Joined: 15th Nov 2004

Ride: el wagon

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

yep
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: EF stage 2 cam onto AU head
Posted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:39 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 26

Posts: 123

Joined: 21st Mar 2011

Ride: four wheels and an engine

Location: right over there...
VIC, Australia

thank you sir!
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: EF stage 2 cam onto AU head
Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:55 am 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 1000491

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUXR6 HP With Ducati SupA Bike!

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

you sure????

i thought the cam journals where a different size
actually im pretty sure they are

you could put a E series head on the au engine and then use the e series cam

 

_________________

RIP SCOTT

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: EF stage 2 cam onto AU head
Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 5:14 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 26

Posts: 123

Joined: 21st Mar 2011

Ride: four wheels and an engine

Location: right over there...
VIC, Australia

il give it a go and see how it all turns out...

check out my other thread of el stumbling during acceleration sir.. i would appreciate any feedback :) thanks!
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: EF stage 2 cam onto AU head
Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:08 am 
Smokin em up
Offline

Age: 41

Posts: 230

Joined: 13th Feb 2014

Ride: EA Falcon

Location: Canberra
ACT, Australia

100% Au cam will not fit in E series.. period.
Does not matter what rocker gear because as mentioned previously, the journal, or the rotating thingy part that is held by the head is going to be different.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: EF stage 2 cam onto AU head
Posted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:22 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 26

Posts: 123

Joined: 21st Mar 2011

Ride: four wheels and an engine

Location: right over there...
VIC, Australia

OK I see. Thank you for that..

Now I need an AU can for my EL. Any AU modified cam. Stage 2,,3, mild, heavy, race etc I'm open for offers.

Let me know if you have an AU cam for me :)
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: EF stage 2 cam onto AU head
Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:12 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 1000491

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUXR6 HP With Ducati SupA Bike!

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

Barnfind-EA wrote:
100% Au cam will not fit in E series.. period.
Does not matter what rocker gear because as mentioned previously, the journal, or the rotating thingy part that is held by the head is going to be different.



it will if the engine is a hybrid but then it has an AU head :P
no an e series head

 

_________________

RIP SCOTT

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: EF stage 2 cam onto AU head
Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 34

Posts: 1110

Joined: 27th Dec 2011

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: ef falcon futura

Power: 154 rwkw

Location: Koo Wee Rup
VIC, Australia

Plenty of people have ran e series cams in au heads. Just use the corresponding rocker gear to the cam as au are 1.8 rocker ratio, e series are 2:1. I tuned one not long ago running e series cam in au head, and i myself will be doing it shortly

 

_________________

ef futura, pacemakers, 2.5inch catback, k&n panel filter and 3.45 lsd. extractors/cat, ticky head, custom cam grind, t5. now onto cosmetics.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: EF stage 2 cam onto AU head
Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:52 am 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 1000491

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUXR6 HP With Ducati SupA Bike!

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

ranga83 wrote:
Plenty of people have ran e series cams in au heads. Just use the corresponding rocker gear to the cam as au are 1.8 rocker ratio, e series are 2:1. I tuned one not long ago running e series cam in au head, and i myself will be doing it shortly


impossible dude

the cam journals are different sizes and will not work!

 

_________________

RIP SCOTT

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: EF stage 2 cam onto AU head
Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:56 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 34

Posts: 1110

Joined: 27th Dec 2011

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: ef falcon futura

Power: 154 rwkw

Location: Koo Wee Rup
VIC, Australia

So whu does the FACTORY workshop manuals ( au and ef) state journal size is the same?

 

_________________

ef futura, pacemakers, 2.5inch catback, k&n panel filter and 3.45 lsd. extractors/cat, ticky head, custom cam grind, t5. now onto cosmetics.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: EF stage 2 cam onto AU head
Posted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:13 pm 
Stock as a Rock
Offline

Age: 26

Posts: 123

Joined: 21st Mar 2011

Ride: four wheels and an engine

Location: right over there...
VIC, Australia

My engine is an AU1 XR6 Engine.


Will it work?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: EF stage 2 cam onto AU head
Posted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:47 am 
Technical Contributor
Offline
User avatar

Age: 53

Posts: 5589

Joined: 14th Jan 2005

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

Location: South Coast
NSW, Australia

Disco Frank wrote:
ranga83 wrote:
Plenty of people have ran e series cams in au heads. Just use the corresponding rocker gear to the cam as au are 1.8 rocker ratio, e series are 2:1. I tuned one not long ago running e series cam in au head, and i myself will be doing it shortly
impossible dude
the cam journals are different sizes and will not work!

Well I achieved the impossible today - an AU VCT cam fits onto an E series 94DT head without a problem.

 

_________________

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: EF stage 2 cam onto AU head
Posted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:45 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 1000491

Joined: 6th Nov 2004

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUXR6 HP With Ducati SupA Bike!

Location: Perth
WA, Australia

snap0964 wrote:
Disco Frank wrote:
ranga83 wrote:
Plenty of people have ran e series cams in au heads. Just use the corresponding rocker gear to the cam as au are 1.8 rocker ratio, e series are 2:1. I tuned one not long ago running e series cam in au head, and i myself will be doing it shortly
impossible dude
the cam journals are different sizes and will not work!

Well I achieved the impossible today - an AU VCT cam fits onto an E series 94DT head without a problem.



is it a hybrid e series?
then yes it will fit

 

_________________

RIP SCOTT

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: EF stage 2 cam onto AU head
Posted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:47 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline

Age: 60

Posts: 6817

Joined: 22nd Jun 2005

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

Location: Campbelltown
NSW, Australia

94DT is an EF Tickford head, not a Hybrid.
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:54 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names