Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Post subject: El Engine Rebuild
Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:44 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: El Falcon Futura Tickford LPG

NSW, Australia

Hi, i seem to have an El tickford factory dual fuel with a f**k engine

A spare El GLi Engine

Are theses engines the same i was told there was a bit of headwork done to run better efficiancy on gas

The other thing i wanna rebuild this engine (Gli) seen as its done about 300ks ,I'm not sure what happened to the other one diagnosis starts this arvo i might even be able to fixed it but its sounds like hectic top end noise.

I have looked though some done up els and havn't seen or heard much about over sizing pistons any hear how good that works im unsure how it will go with the head gaskets blowing or the electrics.

If i do rebuild my plans are normal rebuild procedures aswell as while the heads off get them flow tested, i will get the engine perfectly balanced and a AU head gasket will be going on.
After the rebuild Paceys,2.5inch sports system with a high flow cat

Has anyone got better ideas while If i end up rebuilding

Post subject: Re: El Engine Rebuild
Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

would be cheaper to throw in an au motor and they are a little better balanced than the e series motor, just need a small modification to the sump to fit and there isnt any difference in the gas e series motor, with the au there was an egas motor but it probably just ran more compression, pretty sure the egas had an inlet manifold without injector holes aswell, if you know what your doing and are rebuilding the motor yourself then go ahead otherwise it will be pretty expensive to get done for you, have you any plans for boosting it in the future or fitting a big cam and doing some dragsor is it just a daily hack?

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:56 pm 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

I'm a qualified Diesel Mechanic so it shouldn't be a problem rebuilding the thing is i have got a El motor 2 actually but i havn't got an au.But say i was to put and au in how would i go with electrics?It would be a basted wouldn't it. And My idea is to having it running as quick as possible with a best as possible fuel econmy .I'm open minded about cams but if it save my fuel econmy bring it on if it means alot more horses with little econmy difference bring it on i will do some research into the wade cam spec thread later.And boosting is a no at the moment but a possibilty for later. One more thing i forgot to add the car has an XR6 ECU fitted.

Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

well with the au electronics you scrap it all and use the el dizzy and el engine harness, but make sure you fit the little gear from the au cam angle sensor to the el dizzy otherwise it will strip the au aux shaft, and the front of the sump needs to be cut and re welded to clear the k frame other than that i think you need the broad band manifold off the el aswell and maybe a couple sensors or little things and it will run, would be quicker than rebuilding your motor unless you already have a block pulled down and machined ready to be reassembled

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:25 pm 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

bry40l wrote:
well with the au electronics you scrap it all and use the el dizzy and el engine harness, but make sure you fit the little gear from the au cam angle sensor to the el dizzy otherwise it will strip the au aux shaft, and the front of the sump needs to be cut and re welded to clear the k frame other than that i think you need the broad band manifold off the el aswell and maybe a couple sensors or little things and it will run, would be quicker than rebuilding your motor unless you already have a block pulled down and machined ready to be reassembled

Hmm i will take that into concideration.the motor i got it a motor as a hole in the back of a ute.

Posted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:15 pm 
Oompa Loompa

NSW, Australia

oil gauge wasn't working lost oil pressure giving it to it up a very steep hill nothing happened except a noise,put a master oil gauge on absolutly zero oil pressure.the bores of number 1,2 and 6 sound rooted,like pistons or rings scuffing,no metal came out when i drained the oil two big slithers of metal in the oil filter.

Tomorrows job take off sump.hopefully have enough room to stick a magnet in ,then compression test then the engine will be coming out.

Posted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:08 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

if metals falling out throw it away lol

BF XR6

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]