El engine replacement 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: El engine replacement
Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:27 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ef Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Think I am getting a decent return this tax year so I looking at replacing the El wagons motor.
Now the question is I have 2 blokes I have called in Sydney who have given me a decent price for a second hand motor fitted, one being Fordpro and the other being Ozcars.
Fordpro has offered a replacement with a donk that has 110 to 115 thousand k's for $1100 fitted. Oz cars have a donk with 140 thousand k fitted and serviced for $900. I don't have any flat area at home to be doing an engine replacement and with those prices I am happy to have it done for me. My question is has any of you guys dealt with either Fordpro or Ozcars ( I think they are both in Strathfield nsw) or has anybody else got some names and numbers of people who could do an engine swap for around the same dosh?
I bought the EL with 320 on it for $600 and the auto has been serviced and checked out ok by Lawson car care... but the donk is getting tired. The cooling system was completely changes with brand new everything except head about 2000 k ago ( by previous owners mechanic in WA with receipts), but I know most places wont accept this for warranty and I dont want to replace the cooling system when it doesn't need to be done so I need a place I can trust. Help would be great peoples
Raven

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]