Fordmods Logo

electric water pump (9 rwkw) 

Page 4 of 4 [ 50 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post subject: Re: electric water pump (9 rwkw)
Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:28 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont Sedan

Power: 180 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Not much room in the engine bay to fit the kit with ease, I have the 115 pump and controller for my Charger 265 and thought about fitting it to the Ford but you would have to re-route your radiator hoses in a big way.

You will also have to modify the water pump that's currently fitted to the car and get rid of it's fins so basically the pulley on the water pump is free spinning.

My pacemaker comps cracked as well, getting them replaced under warranty too, the ones on the car were made 06/2008 & I bought them 09/2008

Have you gone down the 1/4 mile yet? And did you get to fit the EWP?

Yeah yeah the last post was sep, 2009....... I can read

PROEF 13.46 @ 105.78mph - 1994 Ford Fairmont EF NA 6cyl Man 3.9 diff Sedan
Stock Fuel Pump, 29lb Injectors, JMM Street Series Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, 205rwkw

Posted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

..so I take it there are no belt options if you go for an elec water pump? Disabling the mechanical unit so it's free wheeling is the only option?

Posted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EF XR6 Wagon, AU2 XR6 VCT

Power: 148 rwkw

New Zealand

Probably depends on which engine and accessory drive setup you have. I don't know about V-belts. But the EF-on 4.0L uses a single serpentine drive belt - Dayco number 6PK2350 for the EF (6 ribs, 2350 mm long). Dayco has 6-rib belts from 673 mm (6PK0673) to 2870 mm (6PK2870) and over a hundred lengths between in 5-25 mm increments. So, you can get the correct length belt to eliminate any accessory you want - the belt tensioner will take up any remaining variation in length. You could run electric water pump, electric power steering (or manual steering), no A/C, under-drive crank pulley, etc and still get a belt off the shelf to fit. (See dayco.com.au)

95 EF XR6 wagon, 17" FTRs, DBA rotors, KYB/Koni, AU bottom end, ported EF head, backcut valves, SS Inductions, Territory intake, 10.2 CR, Auckland 1258 cam, vernier gear, PH4480 headers, no cat, Tickford 2.5", 2800rpm stall, J3 chip

Posted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:54 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: xf panel van

QLD, Australia

I bought a Davies Craig EWP and it s**t itself after 9 months! I was stuck in cairns and had to wait 2 days for a replacement which I had to buy! I contacted Davies Craig and they said send the old pump in and our tech guys will inspect it, i sent it in then I never heard back from them and they stopped answering my emails!
I wouldn't touch them ever again!
$300 for 9 months use compared to $50 for a stock pump that lasts for 4 years, and you have to modify your stock pump to use the Davies Craig pump anyway!

I wouldn't buy anything by Davies Craig anymore, because of their piss weak attitude!

Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:22 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: xf panel van

QLD, Australia

ok i would like to retract the last statement, i found out that davies craig did send me a new pump, but to my old address, the dudes that live there rang me after it had been sitting there for a month to ask when i was going to pick it up, so its all good!

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 4  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4