Fordmods Logo

electric water pump mod??? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:38 pm 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

I have issues with the last two posts...vibr8n - your comment about the cast iron block isn’t valid - the exhaust manifold gets significantly hotter than the block...and 66coupe - what kicks along corrosion? Ever used draino to clean the oil stains off your garage floor? Normal tap water wont shift it, now use boiling water...there is no stain it wont shift. Temperature will increase the speed and volatility of chemical reactions.

Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:51 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Falcon EL

WA, Australia

Might not be Ford related but my son has one and is always on this website, and I read this article and it reminded me of a similar argument we had on the Rotorway Owners group. Helicopters, where every little bit of horsepower or weight saving is the difference between getting out of a tight spot, and not. but also huge cooling requirements at high horsepower low air speeds and also the huge cavitation or corrosion issues we have had with the cooling systems on these engines, all aluminium, all electronic ignition and fuel system, and we have found many components failing because of cavitation due to excess coolant flow creating low pressure areas inside the engine and oil/heat exchangers, that made us run propylene glycol solutions similar to diesel engines, that because of their higher cylinder pressures causing the cylinder to expand and contract every cycle to creating miniature low pressure areas that cause the coolant to flash off locally that removes metal from surrounding areas (they have the same problems with hydro electricity schemes, with turbulent flow). Although early days in the development it appears it may be going some way to overcome some of these problems, also 5-7 hp increase is definately welcome, although as some have stated you don't get nothing for nothing , but you definately can in the auto environment where you don't need huge cooling requirements while your idling at the lights, and you may have been revving quite high prior to backing off that would be transferred into electrical energy rather than heating up those brake pads. Anyway like everything electronic, that allows minute control rather than a big fix that consumes power all the time for everything, it's worth investigating.

Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:43 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF F6 Tornado - #0077

VIC, Australia

woah, thats a bit much for me at this timea night.

welcome to the forums to

** For Sale ** http://www.fordmods.com/ford-parts-for-sale-f17/assorted-e-series-parts-t124697.html

F6 Tornado 2006 Build

Is it about sex? The engine in my car? Or a cure for cancer?
No?

Then f**k off

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2