Fordmods Logo

electric windows - suggestion for those with probs..possibly 

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:10 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: 03 BA Fairmont

WA, Australia

the easy "FIX" for power windows that are slow to go UP/DOWN is silicon lube in a spray can, connect the small plastic tube for spaying in tight places to the nozzle and spray down the front and back window channels with the window wound down for about 2-3 secs each channel, wind your windows up and down a few times and repeat the spraying for both channels on each window

do this 4 times a year, more of where you live is dust country and you won't have any more problems .... unless of course you've already overloaded and damaged the winding gear already

also works well on non-power windows :)

Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:25 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EL Futura

SA, Australia

Yep. My windows were getting slow, that slow that i was scared they wouldbn't go up again. the fix was a can of CRC 808 Silicone Spray

spray amples down the window channels, and viola.. working power windows good as new. been working sweetly for about 12 months now.

5 Speed EL Futura
Stock as a rock*
A1 Oils - Synthetic lubricants: www.a1oils.com.au
* A rock that has been Alted

Posted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:34 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

My ED Fairmont Ghia windows were fine when i got it except for the rear left. Although after the last couple of months they seem to be going up and down a lot slower? Not sure why.

Anyways, i cant remember what went wrong with my r/l window exactly, but it made some pretty scary noises and usually got stuck if it went under half way. Took it to get it fixed... the mechanic chucked in a few extra's aswell, such as the scratch on my window tint, the grease over the door trim and finally for a suprise treat, he broke the plastic piece that pops the lock up when you open the door, he tried to fix himself to hide it but failed misserably!

And I Kept Thinking... "How Can I Tell Her She Is F**king Hot Without Ruining The Conversation With My Pervertedness?"

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2