Electrical fault diagnosis - fans, cranking, & ISC 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: Electrical fault diagnosis - fans, cranking, & ISC
Posted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:02 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: EL XR6; BFII XR8 (KB S/C); ZX10R

WA, Australia

Hi all,

I have an EL XR6 running an EMS8860 with partial controls on the standard ECU. There is also a Crane LX-91 ignition.

1. I am trying to isolate a fault with the thermo fans - they are on full all the time :roll: . All 3 fan relays test ok. The standard ECu controls the fans. A couple of symptoms have arisen that may or may not be related that I would also like to solve as follows.

2. When the car has been running and is turned off, if you turn the key to 'on' but do not try to start it, it seems to attempt to crank. There is no noise but the car rocks like the flywheel has moved slightly. It will do this about 3 times each time the key is turned to 'on' -with diminishing power - before it stops doing it.

If I remove the Auto-TX fuse - which i understand partly controls the thermos and airbag - the fans don't run (obviously) and the apparent attemp to crank over without turning to 'start' disappears. If it is relevant, there is no airbag fitted and an there is an airbag fault code.

3. When the car is turned to 'on' but not started, the ISC clicks continuously. The clicking continues after start. If is is disconnected from power after start, the car won't idle. 2 new ISC's have the same problem.

Any ideas would be appreciated on what could cause 2 and 3 above and whether any of it could be relevant to the fan problem.

thanks
neil

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]