Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Post subject: Engine acting really strange
Posted: Thu May 08, 2008 11:03 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Hey guys,

I own an ef fairmont 6 dual fuel

Just a run down on what's happpening... Basically each time i've been starting the car (always started on petrol) it will almost kickover and then stop, then when i try to start it again it takes really long with the starter motor going until it finally starts, after that it seems fine though it does run a little rough for the first few minutes.

The second problem as of today is the aircon from what i can tell from the left hand side of the dash somewhere near the glovebox there's a really strong blowing noise almost as if a valve has blown i'm not ure what's causing it but any ideas on what it would be and how much it would cost would be great.

Thirdly (Yeah she's got a few problems) today whilst sitting in traffic the engine temp went from i's usual below quarter to half and then whilst at complete stand still ended up past 3/4's, i have just hada brand new radiator fitted last month with coolant replaced and it has been running perfectly for the last month so i'm no sure what the problem is.

I'm not sure if any of these problem are related but i appreciate any help you guys give.

Cheers,

Pat

"You only need 2 tools, WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesnt move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and it shouldnt, use the duct tape!"

Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 12:02 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Mazda CX-5 & 96 EL Falcon

SA, Australia

Not sure but check the head gasket, can do this by seeing if there is water in the oil or vise versa. My temp gague was going like that was the head gasket but leaking out of the intake side though. if its not make sure the system has been bleed properly.

Starting sounds like its trying to start on LPG, mine starting cold on LPG takes ages, is it a system which will start on petrol no matter which fuel is selected?

hope this helps a bit

cheers

My EL Gli.

Post subject: Re: Engine acting really strange
Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 12:14 am 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

ef_paddy wrote:
Hey guys,

I own an ef fairmont 6 dual fuel

Just a run down on what's happpening... Basically each time i've been starting the car (always started on petrol) it will almost kickover and then stop, then when i try to start it again it takes really long with the starter motor going until it finally starts, after that it seems fine though it does run a little rough for the first few minutes.

The second problem as of today is the aircon from what i can tell from the left hand side of the dash somewhere near the glovebox there's a really strong blowing noise almost as if a valve has blown i'm not ure what's causing it but any ideas on what it would be and how much it would cost would be great.

Thirdly (Yeah she's got a few problems) today whilst sitting in traffic the engine temp went from i's usual below quarter to half and then whilst at complete stand still ended up past 3/4's, i have just hada brand new radiator fitted last month with coolant replaced and it has been running perfectly for the last month so i'm no sure what the problem is.

I'm not sure if any of these problem are related but i appreciate any help you guys give.

Cheers,

Pat

First - Check your spark plugs and leads mine did the same thing accept it was straight petrol

Second - Vacuum Leak in the aircon box under the dash pretty pricey

Three - Did you replace your thermostat

Forth - Check under the Oil cap on the engine for moister and check for milky oil and weird oil leaks

Your all a bunch of f**k Heads delete this f**k account stupid useless C*** who run this site cant even sell something useless wankers

Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 1:10 am 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

Cheers guys will have a look at this tomorrow, Falcon96kickass when you say pricey did you have a rough idea as like more than $300

"You only need 2 tools, WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesnt move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and it shouldnt, use the duct tape!"

Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 1:14 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Mazda CX-5 & 96 EL Falcon

SA, Australia

think it would be as have to remove the whole dash to get at it, then parts too

if it is the head gasket will be more than $300 unless you have all the tools already and do it yourself

My EL Gli.

Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 1:34 am 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

I've had my leads changed recently, i don't know how good they are though as my mechnic changed them as a freebie, I didn't change the thermostat which is something i will have to look at.

Would the vacuum leak likely effect car's idle? and other than the sound what would it do to my aircon as about 3 months ago it started going air temperature not cold like it used to be.

Cheers again guys.

Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 1:37 am 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

Luckily my cousin who's a mechanic moved to sydney last month so he's going to help me with it so hopefully if the parts aren't too pricey it won't be overly bad.

For a car tha't's been regularly serviced and only has 158k on the clock it's sure had its fair share of problems

Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 10:52 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: 86 FE LTD Long,Black&Low

QLD, Australia

Just something else i thought i should mention is to check the alternator for correct output, I had an alternator on my au die slowly and the symptoms where much the same, real hard start, irregular idle and also a strange A/C noise which was the clutch disengaging and the pressurised pipes leaking back thru the tx valve and then clutch kickin again and charging up again also dash guage malfunction including temp sensor misreads. I would recommend checking before u spend some money in the wrong place

Posted: Fri May 09, 2008 11:11 am 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

Thanks for that noobus will definitely check it out

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]