Engine swap EB Falcon 4.0 liter into XH Falcon ute 

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Post subject: Engine swap EB Falcon 4.0 liter into XH Falcon ute
Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:08 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: 03 BA GT XW GT Replica

TAS, Australia

Hi does anyone know if I can swap 4.0 lter engine out of EB Falcon into XH Falcon ute. Are the engines the same apart from bolt ons

LOVE THE BLUE OVAL

Post subject: Re: Engine swap EB Falcon 4.0 liter into XH Falcon ute
Posted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:53 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

JG33Replica wrote:
Hi does anyone know if I can swap 4.0 lter engine out of EB Falcon into XH Falcon ute. Are the engines the same apart from bolt ons

i believe [altho NOT 100% sure] that you will need to swap the inlet over plus the balancer [etc] & possible a 'few' other items [such as possibly the synchroniser that's fitted in place of the dizzy. swap the dizzy drive cog over so no problems with the AUX shaft]. i have an EF motor here that was fitted to an EB so shouldn't be any major problems?.

is it a centre fire motor your fitting?.

Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:37 am 
Stock as a Rock

TAS, Australia

I am not sure what you mean by center fire. This EB engine has a dizzy in it. It looks exactly the same as the XH dizzy. Also the intake looks the same except the wiring harness has differrent plugs so was going to just swap intakes over. All the accessories including balancer will need a swap as EB has different belt set up.

LOVE THE BLUE OVAL

Posted: Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:13 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

JG33Replica wrote:
I am not sure what you mean by center fire. This EB engine has a dizzy in it. It looks exactly the same as the XH dizzy. Also the intake looks the same except the wiring harness has differrent plugs so was going to just swap intakes over. All the accessories including balancer will need a swap as EB has different belt set up.

with the EB's there are two engines [so to speak], with one being for 'economy' & other for 'normal use'. the centrefire dizzy looks exactly the same as the normal but internally it's different [hall sensor?]. the 'centrefire' engine has a setup on the inlet where it looks like it has a carby but it actually has two injectors in a carby like setup. it also has a different inlet manifold compared to the 'normal' engine. sounds like you know what you are doing going by what you have mentioned :D

Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 7:41 am 
Stock as a Rock

TAS, Australia

OK thanks mate, I am with you now. I had a 1990 EA Falcon years back that had the Manifold with the carby type injector set up. This EB Falcon is an old unmarked police car. I only know that because its stamped in its original log book , so engine would not have been built for economy. It has almost exactly the same intake as XH apart from some very minor differences , I am swapping it over because it just seems easier than changing the wiring harness thats under each intake. The distributor was the only thing I was planning to leave untouched as it looked the same as the XH one. Can I still do that or do I have to put XH dizzy in. I am guessing from what you have said its only the centerfire dizzy that is different. So long as mine is not hall effect it should work. thanks for your info its appreciated.

LOVE THE BLUE OVAL

Posted: Fri Apr 01, 2022 4:29 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

JG33Replica wrote:
OK thanks mate, I am with you now. I had a 1990 EA Falcon years back that had the Manifold with the carby type injector set up. This EB Falcon is an old unmarked police car. I only know that because its stamped in its original log book , so engine would not have been built for economy. It has almost exactly the same intake as XH apart from some very minor differences , I am swapping it over because it just seems easier than changing the wiring harness thats under each intake. The distributor was the only thing I was planning to leave untouched as it looked the same as the XH one. Can I still do that or do I have to put XH dizzy in. I am guessing from what you have said its only the centerfire dizzy that is different. So long as mine is not hall effect it should work. thanks for your info its appreciated.

if the dizzy on the replacement motor works .... leave as is coz if you change the dizzy you need to change the toothed gear on it [at the base] so you don't destroy the AUX shaft. the dizzies are both similar to each other [centrepoint/standard] as i believe they are both "hall effect" but the centrepoint has either an extra 'tooth' or less?. and yeah as you said - it's easier to swap the inlets, plus that let's you make sure the gasket is good as well.

good luck with the swap.

Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 10:48 am 
Stock as a Rock

TAS, Australia

Hi again, I have run into a problem with this swap. I have removed the intakes and discovered the XH engine has an extra sensor in the side of block just above the coil. The EB block does not have this it also does not have the boss cast into block for me to drill and tap. Does anyone know what this sensor is for , can I delete it or is it absolutely needed ? I have included some pics of both. there is a flat round cast mark to the right of both coils on side of block I am thinking maybe I could drill and tap into that but unsure if its wise to do so.

Attachments:
DSC02026.JPG
DSC02026.JPG [ 148.3 KiB | Viewed 159 times ]
DSC02025.JPG
DSC02025.JPG [ 149.11 KiB | Viewed 154 times ]

LOVE THE BLUE OVAL

Posted: Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:43 pm 
Stock as a Rock

TAS, Australia

I have determined that this is a knock sensor its only a guess though. So I am guessing if I just wrap a little bit of rag around it tape it up tight and cable tie it out of the way I might get away with it. Feel free to tell me if this wont work.

LOVE THE BLUE OVAL

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:08 am 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

JG33Replica wrote:
I have determined that this is a knock sensor its only a guess though. So I am guessing if I just wrap a little bit of rag around it tape it up tight and cable tie it out of the way I might get away with it. Feel free to tell me if this wont work.

sorry i cannot help with this as i do not know.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]