Fordmods Logo

Engine ticking and using oil 

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Try this, it gives you the run down on Penrite oils.

http://www.penrite.com.au/html/s01_home/home.asp?dsb=76

Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

The bottom end i bought of waggin and was apoparently built by mark at ITS not exactly sure how long ago. when i was ready to put it in which was october 2005 i got him to to a head up for me at the same time. It didnt use oil when had it all done and ive had a few leaks here and there so never really noticed till i got them fixed a few months back.

any ideas?

Posted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 5:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Da Maverick & xe ute

VIC, Australia

vibr8n wrote:
oils ain't oils...
as long as it's a reputible brand, & the engine build was done PROPERLY than it's probably a lifter, (most common cause of any tick from a falcon)
someone stated to use penrite 20W, please shut the fcuk up if you don't know what your talkin about.
oil has 2 grades, cold start & operational temp viscousity. no single grade oil could protect your falcon. or much else to that point.
penrite is good oil.
if anything, without giving my own personal advice, go to autobarn, look in the penrite book, try whats advised for your car, if that doesn't work try a bit thicker. (if your going thicker it helps to use the same manufacturer so you can guage the difference)
maganatec in everyday falcons = not good imo, going off experience.
if your falc is a daily driver than thicker oil or an oil additive might help as a band-aid solution for a few hundred possibly thousand k's.
for a performance engine, it's engineering, not so much engine building > if it's fcuked it's fcuked.
an oversize (thrashed) engine could never possibly compare to a new (rebuilt) engine. it all comes down to tolerances & good engineering practice.
when whas the engine work done ?

OI, watch your language son, i will not shut the f**k up as it is exactly what i did, the book states 15w, was still ticking so i used 20, and it helped it, so why not stick that up ya clacker, and think twice before opening ur ugly hole!!!!

Mods: sprint kit, steeda short shift, svo lip, El handles, El Air intake, au xr wheels, lukey cat back, jbl focal and pioneer sterio <--- Sold

Xe ute - Bright green with 302

Da maverick - Straight gas turbo

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2