Fordmods Logo

ex taxi's 

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

Good luck scoring that one as most guys buy a car like that as a cab so they can score it themselves. They spend a s**t of cash on a lane, XR or even a GT if they are filthy rich. Operate it as a cab for 2 years and run it on petrol then switch to a pov pack cab when the time is right and write off the interset owing on their good car off as a loss. Its a good way to score yourself a premo model car but a pretty piss poor way to make real money.

Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:01 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF Typhoon

VIC, Australia

There is a NL around the corner from me and it looked pretty hot for a taxi too actually, v8, rims, tint..
One day it just didnt come back and now every now and then i see a statesman there, f**k i hate statesmans, vr/vs i mean! :evil:

BF Typhoon, Dejavu - 6sp Auto, Leather, Sunroof, 19"s, Electric Pedals, Tint, FPV Sports Wheel, FPV Mats.

Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:36 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EF II Futura

NSW, Australia

ahh well the highest spec level i am after is futura or maybe fairmont so i dont care for one of the fancy ones as i am going to do a fair overhaul

Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 5:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

A lot of the futura cabs you see are auction jobs. Ford never offered a futura taxi pack. Only a GLI, Forte or XT. The guys with futuras and fairmonts buy them from the ex government auctions then get them converted to LPG. Works out cheaper but the suspension really dies after 120,000kms in them. When that happens get taxi pack shocks and police pack springs and it will out handle any stock non HSV on the market.

If you want to know about xcabs ask fuzion. One of my mates (gasman from ford mods v 1.0) was talking to him at the wollongong meet a year and a half ago and fuzion told him that his beast was an xcab with only 220,000kms on it. If your going to get one get one of the early retirement cars (300,000kms or less) cause they will still have a good engine and box. Theres heaps of them around.

Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 6:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

xcabbi wrote:
Good luck scoring that one as most guys buy a car like that as a cab so they can score it themselves. They spend a s**t of cash on a lane, XR or even a GT if they are filthy rich. Operate it as a cab for 2 years and run it on petrol then switch to a pov pack cab when the time is right and write off the interset owing on their good car off as a loss. Its a good way to score yourself a premo model car but a pretty piss poor way to make real money.

Except this one must be closing in on 8 years old (which is when they can't use them as a cab any more), so it's spent it's entire life as a taxi. So maybe he just wanted a nicer taxi to work in, or he's a luxury cab (there pretty comon, and they charge more).

Posted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 6:37 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EF II Futura

NSW, Australia

ahh well by the sounds of it i might just look at damaged vehicle auctions when i am ready to buy coz i dont want it on gas but anyway i will keep the options and my eyes open

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2