Exhaust advice for FG XR6T Falcon Ute 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Exhaust advice for FG XR6T Falcon Ute
Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:56 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford FG Falcon XR6 Turbo Ute

QLD, Australia

Hi all,
I just purchased a 2010 Ford FG Falcon XR6 Turbo Ute 50th Anniversary and I couldn't be happier with it. It's stock as a rock at the moment, and it needs an exhaust! I have done a bit of research and read lots of forums but I still need some advice. At the end of the day its still a 6 cyl engine so it will never get that throaty V8 sound, so I am wondering whether to go modest save some coin and just get a nice 2.5" cat back for a better note, or go full 4" dump into 3.5" cat back and go all out. I am after a quality sound, rather than ridiculous and droney.

I see there are heaps of bolt on systems like Xforce, Dandy etc kicking around which seem like a 'tried and tested' good idea, but I don't want to be one track minded into thinking that this is best way to go about this. It might be, but it might not, and I know that it is a lot about personal opinion.

Basically, I am looking for feedback from people who have gone through this exercise already.

(p.s. I did try and find a current tread for this topic to tack onto but couldnt find one, if there is already a thread for this please feel free to link me)

Thanks in advance guys.

Post subject: Re: Exhaust advice for FG XR6T Falcon Ute
Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:45 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: FG XR6 Turbo

QLD, Australia

Hey mate,

As far as I'm aware the standard FG XR6 Turbo exhaust is pretty good, not that restrictive and good for around 400rwhp I think, so not much point going anything small. I've had an XForce on my ute and my current FG Sedan and they aren't droney, quite a nice note and sound awesome when boosting. Last price I saw they were about $1900 too, so not to bad on price and worth it, though if you're not getting a tune then it probably isn't worth doing, not sure how they run without a tune on aftermarket exhausts, probably will overboost.

Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:42 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Ford FG Falcon XR6 Turbo Ute

QLD, Australia

Thanks Steve.
From what I've read if you are changing the cat like in a turbo back system then you need a tune and if you're just putting in a catback system then you don't need a tune.

Does anyone know how much a "tune" is and what it involves? I heard people use the term but what are they actually referring to? Is it to do with air/fuel mixture or backpressure?

Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 08 BF MK11 Fairmont Ghia

QLD, Australia

It is when you take your car to a engine tuner, and they remap you computer in your car and tune the car to suit the mods that it has, so you don't have issues with over boosting and damaging you engine, depends on where you go but it will cost between 1000-1500 bucks

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]