Fordmods Logo

Exhaust insurance 

Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:00 pm 
ACT Cruise Moderator

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

ACT, Australia

I was never in. lol. Tried, but someone talked sense into me. All three services told me I'd serve better in my field as a civi, so that's where I ended up.

BTW: You get along to the Fri night cruises/meets?

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. Supercharged 5.8L all alloy modular

Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:07 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: EF II XR6

NSW, Australia

fair enuff

yeah uve already met me, i was there with my car about 3 weeks ago, u parked next to me :lol:

Who needs an XR6 when you've got a corolla wagon :sad:

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:49 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: BF Falcon SR

WA, Australia

uglybob wrote:
that'd have to be under his parents name... i was quoted $1500 for a stock EF when i was 18, and i didn't even have a parking ticket to my name :?

But what happened with that car uglybob?? :P

I just rang my Insurance company RAC and asked about upgrading the exhaust system. They told me that it wouldn't affect my premiums, they will add it to my list of modifications! :D

Proud owner of one of very few BF SR manual (June 06 build) :)

Nothing really says thankyou like a dollar in the waistband

[BLEMIN]

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/782173

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL Fairmont

SA, Australia

Mines $850, 1997 Fairmont, Lowered, added leather, extractors and full exhaust, Genuine ELGT's, tint. Im 21.

Soo many idiots. So few bullets

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:37 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

i had alot of trouble gettin my xr insured cause nrma and all the majors wouldn't insure me and if they did no mods aloud, went wid just car insurence unlimited mods by ur premium goes up only a twice then u hav unlimited mods... but my premium is curentialy at bout $2500 soon to go up... hope that helps....

Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:38 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 2 images

VIC, Australia

Every year, at renewal time, i ring around and get quotes.
It's amazine how much the dollars vary between companies.

As for expecting some understanding and logic from the dip-s**t working at most insurance companies, forget it.

In my case, i bought a '88 toyota landcruiser turbo deisel for my round auzzie trip.
The fact that it was a turbo cost more in premiums and excess charges with the bonus of a driver age limit.
From the insurance companies perspective, seems that if it has a turbo, it must be a performance car.
But there is no way it can be described as a performance vehicle by anyone who has driven such a truck :shock:

The problems didn't stop there.
The truck was set up for holidays and i had just moved out of my place.
Got a pathetic quote from RACV but when they found out i didn't have a fixed address they started to become very difficult.
The fact that i was staying with my sisters for a couple of weeks before heading off didn't matter.
The fact that i would sell the truck when returning also didn't matter.
The fact that i was travelling was a real problem.

Infact the dip-s**t stated that i couldn't travel outside the state since they couldn't fix the car if i had a problem.
Couldn't answer why such travel restrictions wern't stated anywhere in the policy :?
Seems that many insurance companies do not train there people and there underwriting mob piss off early for drinks - so you can't talk to people who know something :(

Luckily i didn't mention anything about the other car i had insured with them and garaged at my sisters place while i was travelling :)

Solved the problem by ringing another company and not saying any more than answering basic questions - what car?, where do you live?, comp/3rd party?, any fines?, etc, etc.

I won't boar you with my other problems of insuring a standard MAzda 323 4wd turbo.
(atleast they accept a rear spoiler these days but try it in '88!).

Seems the only way these days is to keep mods very discreet and very factory in looks or pay through the nose if you can find someone interested in providing cover.
Either that or get into the mod sceen when your 80 yo :)

Cheers.

Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:37 am 
Oompa Loompa

VIC, Australia

damn, i didnt know there could be so many problems trying to insure a car! i have a set of extractors on my EA wagon, i think they are only smaller 2 1/4" though, but i still had to change companies to have insurance. i am now with GIO, and i pay around $500 a year i think it is. i am pretty sure that the exhaust on my car is also 2 1/4", which is standard size i am guessing? i have found GIO to be pretty good for me now, as i am looking to get bigger rims, and they said as long as they are considered road worthy, then they couldnt care less. i should add that this is extended third party i have also.

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 3  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3