Fordmods Logo

exhaust question...mr muffler? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Post subject: exhaust question...mr muffler?
Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 1:16 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EBII GLi

VIC, Australia

hey
i just rang up mr muffler in lilydale (east melb) and he said to go for a 2 1/4" system rather than a 2.5" for my stock I6 EBII Falcon

he said that after the cat he would take out the resonator, put a 2 1/4 pipe in, then a straight through muffler and then the tailpipe and the tip for $250 (not including the tip)

it just concerns me that all the other places say 2.5", has anyone had experiences with Mr Muffler in lilydale?

thanks

- Daniel

1992 Ford EBII GLi Sedan Auto
|| Darkest Legal || Stereo: Focal Polyglass, Alpine deck and rears, Audison and Clarion amps, kicker 12" || Alarm || Clear Front Blinkers || Redback zorst 4" chrome dumpy! || Lowered (lows) || 15" EB S-Pack rims || Fairmont Ghia doortrims

Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:38 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

$250 should be the price for a 2 1/2 not 2 1/4 ri9ng around other places and see i wouldnt bother wityh a 2 1/4 i think its only xf's and before that the 2 1/4 suits
regards from adam

series3 xr8 5 speed manual, pacemaker extractors, 3' exhaust, lowered cold air intake, k&n filter, interior, 3.9s
13.9584 @ 98.51 mph 1.9447 60 ft
188.9rwkw 525nm torque
AU2te50 lowered twin 2.5 inch exhaust

Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA Falcon EGas

WA, Australia

I'd stick with safety in numbers mate.

I've only heard good things about 2.5 " exhaust systems. I'm really happy with mine and I recommend to go with that instead.

BA Falcon Futura on EGas. Stock as...

EF 5 speed manual; PH 4480 Pacemaker Headers; 2 1/2" Lukey Mandrel Bent System; Hi Flow Walker Cat; Stage 3 Crow Cam; ChipTorque Chip; 3" Mandrel Bent Intake; K&N Pod Filter; Low Pedders Suspension; 17" EL GT Champagne Rims; RPM Series Clutch

Post subject: Re: exhaust question...mr muffler?
Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:11 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 15 images

Ride: ALTED XR6 - ALTED EA - EF TAXI

QLD, Australia

EBII Falcon wrote:
hey
i just rang up mr muffler in lilydale (east melb) and he said to go for a 2 1/4" system rather than a 2.5" for my stock I6 EBII Falcon

he said that after the cat he would take out the resonator, put a 2 1/4 pipe in, then a straight through muffler and then the tailpipe and the tip for $250 (not including the tip)

it just concerns me that all the other places say 2.5", has anyone had experiences with Mr Muffler in lilydale?

thanks

- Daniel

Hey, the indian guy still work there? .. used to know him!

There is a better exhuat shop in lilydale, Can't remember the name, But its the first in the little complex opersite the BP or shell servo ... have not been in lilydale or about 2yrs ..

Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 11:01 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Hey i live a few suburbs away from Lilydale. Mymate went to a place in lilydale and had a lot of trouble withthe exhaust (cat back). He did end up finding aother place though that he speaks highly of. Although the work was done on a VN com.

I check with him and find out which places and what the issues were.

cheers

And I Kept Thinking... "How Can I Tell Her She Is F**king Hot Without Ruining The Conversation With My Pervertedness?"

Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:33 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

au2low: im not sure if he still works there sorry

Senus: yer that would be great thx

|| Darkest Legal || Stereo: Focal Polyglass, Alpine deck and rears, Audison and Clarion amps, kicker 12" || Alarm || Clear Front Blinkers || Redback zorst 4" chrome dumpy! || Lowered (lows) || 15" EB S-Pack rims || Fairmont Ghia doortrims

Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:17 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: el fairmont

WA, Australia

dont listen to that bloke, for a straight six a 2 1/2 exhaust will sound a treat and it is not to big to lose performance. anyways i thought that 2 1/4 was the stock size in e-series fords. $250 is a good price for a 2 1/2inch make sure you spend a little more and get a stainless steel tip this will save you having to change it in 2 months time when it rusts out its worth lashing out on the tip....

Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: BA XR6 Turbo

VIC, Australia

i was recommended by my mechanic to go to lilydale mufflers and exhausts. quite knowledgable guys, but shop around for a price then crunch them.

i ended up getting mine done at ringwood performance exhausts cos they were able to do it on the day for a slightly better price :) only had to take it back once to get a few bits tightened as it was chuffing a bit at the muffler

otherwise, very happy with their service

2003 BA XR6T 5spd Manual PHANTOM
Custom Leather, 20" Kaotiks, Lowered, Exhaust, DVD System, BOV
Plenty more to come!

Member: Team Can't Stop The Doof Doof

Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:53 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

iv booked it in at "croydon exaust fix" for this sat (19th Feb)

$300 for 2.5" cat-back redback system + $30 2.5" chrome dumpy

ill see how i go with the chrome, if it doesnt last me that long ill go with a stainless steel tip. iv heard if i clean the chrome tip regularly they will last longer

Posted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:59 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

its in! he did a great job.

it hasnt got a huge sound, but on the other hand it is noticeably louder, when i planted my foot its got a very nice grow to it. :D

ill put some pictures in my gallery of it

- Daniel

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]