Fordmods Logo

Exhaust silencing 

Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Exhaust silencing
Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Falcon GLi

SA, Australia

Hi can any one help i have a 2.5 inch exhaust, 2.5 hiflow cat and 4499's and my car has had a cam put in and now it sounds like a truck can any one help silence it

Now, I've got a message for all the other drivers out there. If you smell a delicious, crispy smell after the race, it's not your tailpipe. It's just a little of Shake...and Bake!
SHAKE AND BAKE

Post subject: Re: Exhaust silencing
Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ford au

QLD, Australia

just put the stock vacum exhaust back on

Daily Driver, Series 1 Au Forte

Quote:
Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EA Turbo

VIC, Australia

Get a resonator in the tail section if you don't already have one. I got one for sale if you want it, I took it out of my old EF to make it louder but then it was too loud lol.

1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Resprayed|microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Wade turbo cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 conversion|Built bottom end|10.6@125MPHi

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:56 pm 
Technical Contributor

Ride: Ford EB II Falcon

SA, Australia

frd906n wrote:
just put the stock vacum exhaust back on

And lose power?

As above just add a resonator or depending on how many mufflers you have add another one !

OLD CAR: EB II Falcon, Everglade Green, 250thous (Rough Guess), Wildcat Extractors, 2.5 Exhaust with Muffler + Hot Dog, 18 Inch Rodney Jane Mags, XH Snorkel, EA MPEFI Tubing !

NEW CAR: 1996 TE Magna...Mods Soon To Come

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

So hoe much difference does the resonator make? and how much u asking what brand all that

Now, I've got a message for all the other drivers out there. If you smell a delicious, crispy smell after the race, it's not your tailpipe. It's just a little of Shake...and Bake!
SHAKE AND BAKE

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

I dunno the brand mate I'll have a closer look, it was on my EF when it made 168-174rwkw NA, it's 2.5", make me an offer!

1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Resprayed|microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Wade turbo cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 conversion|Built bottom end|10.6@125MPHi

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

I would but i dunno what there worth i can get one installed and supplied were i am for $160 but without knowing brands age and how well it works DB wise, my car man,, is loud as i mean sounds like its on roids!! Im a cop magnet.
What state are you in?

SHAKE AND BAKE

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

Whats in ya car to make that number of RWK

SHAKE AND BAKE

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

My car used to be quiet as with it on, I took it off so it wouldn't be so quiet lol. You can have it for $50 if you want it, i'm in Melb.

I don't own the car anymore but it had full JMM Dev5 kit with the race series intake and extractors, was running a unichip too.

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

I have to ask my G/F....dont laugh!! and ill get back to you. also whats a JMM Dev5 kit

SHAKE AND BAKE

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

It's a head/cam/exhaust package Jim Mock Motorsport do, fairly expensive I wouldn't say it's worth it but it gets results, my car ran 99.5 MPH at the track with that.

And lol @ asking the missus :P I usually spend first and tell later haha

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:59 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 1991 Ford Falcon EB 1 Wagon

VIC, Australia

we do exhausts at work. put a hot dog on if its barking i.e crackling under de-acceleration or a small straight through resi that should fix it i run one straight through muffler and a hot dog near the rear and that gives it a nice deep sound

Falcon EB 1 wagon, ported/polished/cc'd head. K-line valve guide. 3-angle valve grind. Extractors. Hi-flow cat. 2 1/2 mandrel bend exhaust. re-built motor with ACL parts. Roll Master timing Kit. Manual conversion. Lowered 3in. Full Spooled Diff. Broad Band Manifold conversion. Stage 3 Crow Cam.

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

I would but she'd hert me!! i just looked up DEV kits bit iffy looks good but its nothing that cant be made with alternative parts, in saying that at least ya no it all works together id buy it then upgrade if i had the money

SHAKE AND BAKE

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Yeah well if you wanna stay NA it'd be cheaper to make your own setup! That's what i'd do if I went NA, lucky I bought that car with the DEV already on it lol.

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

NA?

SHAKE AND BAKE

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next