Fordmods Logo

Exhausts. what do you think of them. 

Page 5 of 6 [ 83 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: Re: Exhausts. what do you think of them.
Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:23 am 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

dsyfer wrote:
anthony cure wrote:
haha nah mate not a fine, just a defect but the cat will be sorted very soon. It was a miscommunication with the exhaust place! :roll:

I'm pretty sure deliberately bypassing emission items cops a fine as well as a defect?

I think you may find that it could be a offence under EPA laws, Cops will hand you over to them and then they gang rape you and if you are not running a Cat you deserve it.

Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:10 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

gasdea wrote:
i suppose the question was more "is the loud noise a good trade off for the added performance."
i dont like the noise you see.
only on 8's.

Volume does not necessarily equate to performance. Buy decent mufflers instead of s**t off the shelf systems and you'll get better performance and a less annoying sound.

In saying that as long as you have any half decent system I doubt you are going to notice much difference between having 1 or 2 mufflers in terms of actual performance when driving, certainly not enough to worry about.

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:42 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ford au

QLD, Australia

dsyfer wrote:
anthony cure wrote:
haha nah mate not a fine, just a defect but the cat will be sorted very soon. It was a miscommunication with the exhaust place! :roll:

I'm pretty sure deliberately bypassing emission items cops a fine as well as a defect?

It is actually a fine as well, if you look it up under the laws

Daily Driver, Series 1 Au Forte

Quote:
Posted by Xcabbi, Does it slap or rattle? Rattle is more to do with timing chains and tensioners. Slap is more to do with lifters, rings, bearings or GENIII boat anchors

Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:33 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: 96 ef fairmont

NT, Australia

[I think you may find that it could be a offence under EPA laws, Cops will hand you over to them and then they gang rape you and if you are not running a Cat you deserve it.[/quote]

did you read it properly!??????? i didnt want no cat they didnt put it back on![miscommunication at exhaust place]is wot i said so they have to fix it cause they f@%kd up. thanks for the nice comment to :roll: .

ef fairmont,auto,lowered 2inchs on kings,17csa,pacemaker extracters,2 1/2 straight through redback system,k/n filted,big mouth cai,pbr trans cooler,twinlight head lights.

Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:39 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 97 el xr6 ,97 el xr6

VIC, Australia

gasdea wrote:
hey guys, i have an EF that i have just purchased and i want to turn it into my friday night cruiser.
it has clean paint, i have lowerd it, put a stereo in it, and put a set of 19's on it.
the car came with a 2 and a half inch cat back, without a rear muffler. it is fairly loud, but i have a stock system in my shed that will fit it.
now, in the end i want to maybe tickle the head up a bit, possibly some gears and put the biggest camshaft the stock converter will allow.
so it wont be anything special.
the majority of the miles it will be doing will be on the prinny on a friday night, along side some pretty tuff VL turbo's, V8 commadores and s**t like that. i suppose i just want to ask what your opinion of a loud 6 is?

i personally think loud 6's are a bit wankey, but dont want to take it off if it will help the engine wake up with any future mods.
do you think it will?

hey mate get a 2.1/2 inch with 1 muffler they sound nice / there not over the top .
cheerz daniel

Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:41 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: 96 ef fairmont

NT, Australia

ok true so it is a fine my bad. thanks for saying it without a cranky comment :)

ef fairmont,auto,lowered 2inchs on kings,17csa,pacemaker extracters,2 1/2 straight through redback system,k/n filted,big mouth cai,pbr trans cooler,twinlight head lights.

Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:39 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: el wagon

VIC, Australia

hawkzs wrote:
hey mate get a 2.1/2 inch with 1 muffler they sound nice / there not over the top .
cheerz daniel

thats exactly what is on it now and it sounds like s**t.

Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef falcon, el fairmont ghia

New Zealand

put a hotdog at the end

Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Falcon GLi

SA, Australia

I had 4499's hi flow cat and a manderal 2.5 with one glass pack muffler, the car rummbled at idle and sounded nice through gears until i put my foot to the floor, then she screamed but it wasnt stupid sounding it got louder as the revs got higher, so the faster she went the louder it got, didnt look so d**k, although i could take my foot off whenever and it went quiet again.
As good as it sounded it needed to shut up, like the boys say there not 8's so dont pretend even i thought i must look like a wanker sometimes.....my mother agree's :oops:

Now, I've got a message for all the other drivers out there. If you smell a delicious, crispy smell after the race, it's not your tailpipe. It's just a little of Shake...and Bake!
SHAKE AND BAKE

Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

all depends how its done, my mates 68 xt is only a 6 but sounds like an 8. hes split it in two at the headers 2 hotdogs either side. sounds mean, but its just a cruiser. was gonna do it myself but not much room in the back. but all depends on the setup, and the mufflers of course etc

Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:55 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

anthony cure wrote:
[I think you may find that it could be a offence under EPA laws, Cops will hand you over to them and then they gang rape you and if you are not running a Cat you deserve it.

did you read it properly!??????? i didnt want no cat they didnt put it back on![miscommunication at exhaust place]is wot i said so they have to fix it cause they f@%kd up. thanks for the nice comment to :roll: .[/quote]

This is what IU read in your 1st post,

"hay mate i curently run pacies 2 1/2 inch with one muffler,no cat and straight throuh to the rear and yes its very loud but it sounds great cause thats the way I like it and i get nothing but positive feedback from it and alot of its from old blokes to who love the sound of her! you dont have to have an 8 to sound good or even go fast. nothing wrong with the old 4l's! i think you should make it sound just the way you like !"

and you didn't seem too concerned about not running a cat. You can take offence if you like to what I posted but if you or anyone want to run without a cat you deserve what you get. If you are getting it rectified good on you, just seems odd that any exhaust place will leave a cat off when fitting a new exhaust as they are as responsible for the legality of the system under emissions regulations, maybe that is not the way it is in NT. As I said if you are getting it fixed good for you.

Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:13 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 97 el xr6 ,97 el xr6

VIC, Australia

gasdea wrote:
hawkzs wrote:
cheerz daniel

thats exactly what is on it now and it sounds like s**t.

how old is the exhaust? is it new if so let it wear in

Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

SWC wrote:
anthony cure wrote:
I think you may find that it could be a offence under EPA laws, Cops will hand you over to them and then they gang rape you and if you are not running a Cat you deserve it.

did you read it properly!??????? i didnt want no cat they didnt put it back on![miscommunication at exhaust place]is wot i said so they have to fix it cause they f@%kd up. thanks for the nice comment to :roll:

This is what I read in your 1st post,

anthony cure wrote:
hay mate i curently run pacies 2 1/2 inch with one muffler,no cat and straight throuh to the rear and yes its very loud but it sounds great cause thats the way I like it and i get nothing but positive feedback from it and alot of its from old blokes to who love the sound of her! you dont have to have an 8 to sound good or even go fast. nothing wrong with the old 4l's! I think you should make it sound just the way you like

and you didn't seem too concerned about not running a cat. You can take offence if you like to what I posted but if you or anyone want to run without a cat you deserve what you get. If you are getting it rectified good on you, just seems odd that any exhaust place will leave a cat off when fitting a new exhaust as they are as responsible for the legality of the system under emissions regulations, maybe that is not the way it is in NT. As I said if you are getting it fixed good for you.

f**k him Paul. he thinks that by changing tack and pleading ignorance he can get away with it. No exhaust shop in the country would ever leave a catalytic converter out of an exhaust installation unless they were instructed to do so by the owner of the vehicle. Same goes for punching the guts of the converter out. What do these kids think? That we are drugged out department of housing dead-s**t just like them? This is on par with the private road drag strip s**t.

Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

i don't run a cat whats the big deal? lol

Posted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Falcon GLi

SA, Australia

Its bad for the earth man!!!

Now, I've got a message for all the other drivers out there. If you smell a delicious, crispy smell after the race, it's not your tailpipe. It's just a little of Shake...and Bake!
SHAKE AND BAKE

Sort by  
 Page 5 of 6  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next