Fordmods Logo

Extractors 

Page 2 of 4 [ 48 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Re: Extractors
Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:47 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: F6 Typhoon

NSW, Australia

Last time i checked the P plate laws for NSW stated that any modifications requiring an engineer's certificate are illegal. Extractors are considered a minor modification and therefore do not require an engineers certificate. Thats what i gathered anyway. Its unfortunatly very blurry the way its written, so unless you go out of your way to piss a cop off you will be fine. Keep the heat sheild too, helps keep temps down and looks stock.

F6 Typhoon Silhouette with Dark Argent rims, build P0001. Stock as a rock and staying that way.

Now sold :( Cobalt blue EF XR6, Pacemaker 4499s, 2.5" redback catback, intake, head shaved, wade 977b, crow valve springs, pedders suspension.

Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:08 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: EF XR8

NSW, Australia

normo1993 wrote:
What are the chances of me getting
Away with extractors on my p's ?

Ive been driving with a full exhaust system and a stage 2 cam and head for about 5 months or so now, and haven't been pulled over or questioned once.

It's all about the authority in your area

Blue blooded.

Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:09 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: EF XR8

NSW, Australia

uniacidz wrote:
Any mods to improve engine performance or cars with 'performance mods' are not allowed to be driven if on P Plates.

If car registered in your name or not, crash and insurance may not pay out due to modifications and you may have to pay all damages and personal injuries costings to the other persons involved.

Thats the jist of it basically.

I got my car fully covered, after telling them all the mods that were done to the car.
They still insured it, knowing I was a under 25yo driver.

Blue blooded.

Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

BEAR80 wrote:
tickford_6 wrote:
BEAR80 wrote:
tickford_6 wrote:
tickford_6 wrote:
Say good bye to your insurance if you crash it.

normo1993 wrote:
Whys that ?

Because you are illegally driving the car.

just curious, would it be same if the car was registered to a driver with a full licence???

why would it mater who the car is registered too? It maters who is driving it.

WTF is wrong with all you people.

WTF is wrong with you? is it wrong to ask advice on a forium????? I think NOT
only asking a question as i have a friend in this situation.......

so no need to be an a**hole as i am only asking for info so i can give them right advice.....

I can't stand stupidity.
There is a difference between asking for advice, and stupid. EVERYONE that posted above my first post in this thread is STUPID.

Don't like it, stiff s**t. Report the post to a mod and see if i get banned.

Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:25 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

REW93N wrote:
uniacidz wrote:
Any mods to improve engine performance or cars with 'performance mods' are not allowed to be driven if on P Plates.

If car registered in your name or not, crash and insurance may not pay out due to modifications and you may have to pay all damages and personal injuries costings to the other persons involved.

I got my car fully covered, after telling them all the mods that were done to the car.
They still insured it, knowing I was a under 25yo driver.

They will still insure you, just won't payout when the time comes. A P plater can own and insure a BA XR6 Turbo, just can't drive in on the road. Nothing stops them from insuring you, they will be happy to take your money, they just won't payout when you have an accident. Same as the RMS will register the XR6 Turbo in your name, you just can't drive it.

Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

There is no grey area IMHO. The laws ban PERFORMANCE ENHANCING modifications. Extractors are a performance enhancing modifcation. A cat back you *may* get away with, providing it isn't retardedly loud.

As it sits, my car is registered and insured in my name, yet on a rare occasion my brother drives it. I have told him to be extremely careful when he does, as Pacemakers + Exhaust + Big Brakes = illegal for a P Plater.

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:02 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: 93 ed fairmont ghia

NSW, Australia

67RCE wrote:
There is no grey area IMHO. The laws ban PERFORMANCE ENHANCING modifications. Extractors are a performance enhancing modifcation. A cat back you *may* get away with, providing it isn't retardedly loud.

As it sits, my car is registered and insured in my name, yet on a rare occasion my brother drives it. I have told him to be extremely careful when he does, as Pacemakers + Exhaust + Big Brakes = illegal for a P Plater.

big brakes? dead set.... i dont think they make you go any faster.... sure they enhance performance but they do not make u go any quicker, if anything they should be an encouraged mod to make emergency stoping situtations safer IMO. i do not agree with you on that one.

ED Fairmont Ghia. t5 conversion w h/d exedy, 3:45:1 lsd, pacemaker extractors, 2.5" custom exhaust, waggott cam,K&N high flow panel filter, TI performance chip w/ 4 tune switch(2 ED, 2 EL tunes) king 18's, el thermo fan w/ Davis Craig switch. 5000K hids,led lighting, doof box in boot.

Last edited by c james on Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

c james wrote:
67RCE wrote:

big brakes? dead set.... i dont think they make you go any faster.... sure they enhance performance but they do not make u go any quicker, if anything they are an encouraged mod to make emergency stoping situtations safer. i do not agree with you on that one.

Big brakes require engineering. That in itself makes it illegal for a P Plater to drive.

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF Fairmont Ghia & TS Magna

NSW, Australia

uniacidz wrote:

thanx for that, now i can give informed advice to a friend, whose car second car is modified with extractors and cat back exhaust and is regularly driven by his son who is on p plates.....

I don't know what to write in here LOL
Bear's Build Thread

Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:10 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

67RCE wrote:
c james wrote:
67RCE wrote:

big brakes? dead set.... i dont think they make you go any faster.... sure they enhance performance but they do not make u go any quicker, if anything they are an encouraged mod to make emergency stoping situtations safer. i do not agree with you on that one.

Big brakes require engineering. That in itself makes it illegal for a P Plater to drive.

Alright your probably correct. i dont think many p platers would fit bigger brakes than standard size though. Many rules are just plain stupid and they should be uniform across aus. having different restrictions for p platers in one state to another just seems ridiculous.

ED Fairmont Ghia. t5 conversion w h/d exedy, 3:45:1 lsd, pacemaker extractors, 2.5" custom exhaust, waggott cam,K&N high flow panel filter, TI performance chip w/ 4 tune switch(2 ED, 2 EL tunes) king 18's, el thermo fan w/ Davis Craig switch. 5000K hids,led lighting, doof box in boot.

Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:11 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

c james wrote:
67RCE wrote:
c james wrote:
67RCE wrote:

Alright your probably correct. i dont think many p platers would fit bigger brakes than standard size though. Many rules are just plain stupid and they should be uniform across aus. having different restrictions for p platers in one state to another just seems ridiculous.

Why is that different, same here in NSW.

Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:17 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

SWC wrote:
c james wrote:
67RCE wrote:
c james wrote:
67RCE wrote:

Why is that different, same here in NSW.

I wasn't meaning just "big brakes"..... There is a major variety of speed restrictions, performance restrictions and vehicle restrictions in every state across Australia. Why? Yes there is different state governments but we are all the same teenagers.... Hence my statement, this is a grey area as everything is so different, ridiculous.

Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

c james wrote:
67RCE wrote:
c james wrote:
67RCE wrote:

I went from the stock 287mm single piston crap to 330mm twin piston stuff. Making the move to 330mm Four pot soon, little bit obvious to a cop that it isn't standard.

Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

c james wrote:
I wasn't meaning just "big brakes"..... There is a major variety of speed restrictions, performance restrictions and vehicle restrictions in every state across Australia. Why? Yes there is different state governments but we are all the same teenagers.... Hence my statement, this is a grey area as everything is so different, ridiculous.

It's not grey at all, You know what state you live and drive in, stick to those rules.

All you need to do is think for your self. It ain't hard and it will get you further in live then an internet forum will.

Posted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:30 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
c james wrote:

It's not grey at all, You know what state you live and drive in, stick to those rules.

All you need to do is think for your self. It ain't hard and it will get you further in live then an internet forum will.

how about crossing states?
wow, you are very opinionated. I gave my point. being told my someone else to think for myself is priceless but.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 4  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next