Fordmods Logo

FALCON 6 COIL UPGRADE ANY THOUGHTS? 

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Post subject: FALCON 6 COIL UPGRADE ANY THOUGHTS?
Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:08 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: GREEN ED XR6

Power: 249 rwkw

QLD, Australia

i have been looking at the following upgrades for my ed falcon as a coil upgrade for more spark and also because im going to a turbo setup very soon

A)-MSD 8207 BLASTER SS IGNITION COIL Price $130 inc P&H
BLASTER SS COIL

Don’t let the compact size of the Blaster SS Coil fool you because it is packed with performance! The efficient E-core windings are designed to produce high amounts of current without sacrificing the voltage output. In fact, when used with an MSD 6 Series Ignition, the Blaster SS produces 300 milliamps with a maximum voltage output of 40,000 volts!

The secondary windings are wound on a segmented bobbin which improves the placement and distribution of the high voltage. This unique winding design also reduces the chance of voltage breakdown between the primary and secondary windings. For even more protection, these windings are encased in
a polyurethane compound for complete protection against vibration.
The Blaster SS features brass terminals and a sturdy Rynite housing. It can be used with stock ignitions or CD ignitions and is supplied with vibration mounts.

OR

B)-Blaster-II E-Coil 55,000 Volt ignition coil - Price $75 inc P&H
This is our latest Blaster-II E-Coil series designed to be used in conjunction with our very Popular R2R Series Distributors or any external Electronic type distributors. This coil utilizes a iron E-Core design for improved voltage distribution and wound specifically to produce a highest current possible with incredible voltage and lightning quick rise time. The Extruded Finned Alloy Housing is also a added feature to dissipate Heat Quicker from the Coil Body. Brass primary terminals are spaced far apart and the secondary tower is well protected for increased spark isolation. The Coil Housing is completely Filled with an Epoxy Resin Compound for vibration Protection making the unit water resistant also, Each unit is supplied complete with all the fittings needed for your installation and a trouble free operation, Available in a choice of three colours to match your specific colour combination.

Features:
* Designed for high rpm, long duration applications using our R2R Series Ignitions
* New E-Core winding design produces more voltage and current
* 80:1 turns ratio and lower primary resistance produce high voltage output
* Windings are encased in fracture resistant compound for vibration resistance
* Rynite housing with isolated tower and brass primary terminals
* Finned Extruded Alloy Housing for cooling
* 600mm Coil Lead supplied and fitting

Any thoughts on either of these coils as a UPRGRADE

AU2 engine with Hoppers head/cam performance package & spool rods / CP pistons ,Snort 1200 plenum, T56 Manual & Billet short shifter, Front & Rear Slotted rotors, Pedders lowered suspension, LSD and tuned with EMS stinger 4424 347rwkw THE ED XR6 IS BOOSTED

Post subject: Re: FALCON 6 COIL UPGRADE ANY THOUGHTS?
Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

I'd hold off for a while and let CJH get his new ignition system fitted and dyno'd, then start thinking about it again. 8-)

Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

any luck ?

Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF II Gas Ute

ACT, Australia

Hi,

If you dont have issues with the standard Coil, I would see how it goes. You may get more from reducing the spark gap if you put it on a Dyno. Many products come with big claims, and you may only be getting a sticker to advertize for them.

Regards 96ELGli

Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

96ELGli wrote:
Hi,

If you dont have issues with the standard Coil, I would see how it goes. You may get more from reducing the spark gap if you put it on a Dyno. Many products come with big claims, and you may only be getting a sticker to advertize for them.

Guess that is true , am running a decent Bosch coil and have anther brand new one as a spare so should be all ok ignition wise for me i preys

But i really wouldnt mind a MSD coil in 80k km time haha

Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL TURBO GHIA

Power: 372 rwkw

NSW, Australia

I wouldn't bother unless your boosting it .

HMMMM BOOST !!!

ED fairmont R.I.P

STREET FORDS FEATURE CAR ISSUE 42

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]