Fordmods Logo

Falcon Mileage and Engine Longevity.... 

Page 5 of 5 [ 63 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

SA, Australia

I can echo the cab comments - drove taxis for 17 years and can remember XF's around 900,000 to 1 odd million, and tho I am a tru blu Ford lover thru and thru, I must say the most amazing mileage wise cab I ever drove was a VBcommonwhore which had 2.6 million kms on its 202 and which still lit the tyres up pretty easily...

Similar mileages from the ford cabs too, I just wasn't driving a ford cab at the time...

But my favourite cab story was a XF I used to drive, went to Gumeracha in the adelaide hills about 35 km's from the city (ripper fare) - anyway, after dropping my fare in a carpark I reversed out, then put the car in drive... no drive, only reverse...believe it or not, I reversed the cab from there all the way back to the depot which was the other side of town...got pulled over by the cops - hilarious as they were looking at me thru their windscreen, and I was looking back thru my windscreen... anyway, they couldn't book me as they couldn't figure what I was actually doing wrong.

351 4V XB Coupe running LPG

Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA Falcon XR8

WA, Australia

Till_Lind wrote:
fordman351 wrote:
My EL Fairmont has done 175000kms (done 65000kms myself in about 7 months) and have had nothing but problems with it since i bought it. All up i have spent around $10000 having it repaired. The gearbox blew up the first 2 months i had it, replaced the brakes (warped rotors), replaced leaking shocks (had lowered at the same time), replaced radiator along with other various things that just add up, and now the head gasket and diff are on their way out.

Must be a mondays car... :evil:

Did you get that from a car yard?

Yes, certainly did! Not mentioning any names *cough*Bunbury Toyota*cough*. Everything started to fail JUST out of the 3 months mandatory warranty :evil:

Posted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:33 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 3 images

VIC, Australia

The Grandpa had a fleet of cabs for more years than i can remember. Had 16 all up and he only ever run Falcons because they held up better than Commodores....

In the 50+ cars he must have owned he only ever replaced 3 engines....

Remeber that earlier models did over 1 million k's, the later models (EF and newer) were replaced after around 800,000 k's.....

And how hard do you drive a car when it's not yours....?

Bottom line is that as long as they are serviced on time, they will just about last forever....

Sort by  
 Page 5 of 5  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5