Fordmods Logo

Faster 400 meter times 

Page 2 of 3 [ 32 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII XR6 Turbo

SA, Australia

:lol: Are you for real dude! :roll: That wont work either. Just do it properly, go buy a pod and stick it where it can suck in cold air easily. E.G towards the front of the car, mabe behind the headlight backing or something. :wink:

How the F*** are you gonna fit an eski under your hood dude? :shock:

Image -BF MKII XR6 Turbo in EGO-

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

the way i see it is there are 3 posibilities.

1 this guy is the dumbest person on the forum.

2 this guy is from a commodore forum and is only here to stirr s**t.

3 it's member from here with a second user name who is pissing him/her self laughing at every els who is takine thing for real

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:58 pm 
ACT Cruise Moderator

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

ACT, Australia

tickford_6 wrote:
the way i see it is there are 3 posibilities.

1 this guy is the dumbest person on the forum.

2 this guy is from a commodore forum and is only here to stirr s**t.

3 it's member from here with a second user name who is pissing him/her self laughing at every els who is takine thing for real

With #2, #1 naturally follows :lol:

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. Supercharged 5.8L all alloy modular

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 24 images

Ride: BF MKII XR6 Turbo

SA, Australia

I really hope he wasnt being serious as it nearly had me in tears of laughter :) But... i got no idea if he was being serious or not so im just gonna shut up now. :wink:

Image -BF MKII XR6 Turbo in EGO-

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 32 GTR

NSW, Australia

EA 4 ME wrote:
Oh s**t, thanks dude.

OK what about I get one of those old styrofoam eskies and fill it with party ice, then run the vacuum cleaner hose (my intake duct) into the side of the esky. Obviously I'd put a bit of chicken wire over it so it wouldn't suck in any ice. Would this give me more power as the air would be very cold? It would also be great as I could leave my cans of Woody in there too.

HAHAHA LOL!!! :lol: :cry:

237.9 KW ATW

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA XT, BA XR6T, ED Ghia 5.0

WA, Australia

/me thinks someone is taking the piss

What's the difference between a Holden and a sheep? It's less embarrasing getting out of the back of a sheep..

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:01 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: ED fairmont

VIC, Australia

EA 4 ME wrote:
And we thought because the air is already warm behind the radiator, the car should go even faster cos the engine wont have to warm it up.

...i guess all those places selling cold air intake kits and so on must just have been wrong all along.

Post subject: Re: Faster 400 meter times
Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 8:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

EA 4 ME wrote:
Hi I'm new to this site and would like some advice. I have a 3.9 CFI EA 3 speed auto Falcon that is mildly worked over (iridiam sparks, top gun leads, pod filter, mobile 1 oil, high volume fuel pump, chrome rocker cover, MP3 player, and the guts knocked out of the cat).

how about you get a new cat!

Post subject: Re: Faster 400 meter times
Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

mitch_anderson wrote:
EA 4 ME wrote:
Hi I'm new to this site and would like some advice. I have a 3.9 CFI EA 3 speed auto Falcon that is mildly worked over (iridiam sparks, top gun leads, pod filter, mobile 1 oil, high volume fuel pump, chrome rocker cover, MP3 player, and the guts knocked out of the cat).

how about you get a new cat!

this is the problem with the car seen these days.
to many people think a mild work over is a set of plugs leads and an air filter.

a mild work over is more along the lines of extractors full exhaust, and new cam. and intake.

Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:27 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 3 images

NSW, Australia

Quote:
Yeah my mate made some ducting for me out of old VB cans, duct tape and mums old vacuum cleaner hose. Made it go much faster, because we put the pod filter behind the radiator fan so we thought it might be like a poor mans supercharger. You know, like forced induction. And we thought because the air is already warm behind the radiator, the car should go even faster cos the engine wont have to warm it up.

Quote:
Oh s**t, thanks dude.

OK what about I get one of those old styrofoam eskies and fill it with party ice, then run the vacuum cleaner hose (my intake duct) into the side of the esky. Obviously I'd put a bit of chicken wire over it so it wouldn't suck in any ice. Would this give me more power as the air would be very cold? It would also be great as I could leave my cans of Woody in there too.

you got to be friggin serious, i dont know who is dumber the guy trying to have us all on or the gimps who think he is serious and try and explain crap to him...

that is some funny stuff either way... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject: got know idea
Posted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:59 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: XT

VIC, Australia

R u joking around bout all this bro. cause personaly i think your EA 3 SPEED wont make it in the 17s. "Putting a f**k eski under the bonet" WTF. do u know nething bout cars. my EB ran a 14.88 and with real mods. not with my mums old vaccum hose and eski. lmao

BA XT. 20'' BSA rims ss induction. in car entertainment.

Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:44 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: EA

VIC, Australia

Hey Hey Hey. My mums vacuum cleaner was rated at 650 Cubic feet a minute. So the hose should be more than adequate for an EA.

Oh and can anybody tell me what 3.2 on the Id plate on the car means?

Dillan

Posted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1994 ED Ricer

WA, Australia

bahaha
get f**k.

who is this!

Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:05 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: BA Futura

VIC, Australia

GO FOR IT MATE.. i had a EA 3.9cfi that pulled a 16flatt on the 1/4 and that waz dyno'd at 86kwrw
and then done the cpmversion to mpfi and dyno'd afterwards and waz pullin 122kw/rw..
big jump i know..
but i had my jmm xtractors on it which were desgined for mpfi not cfi and changed diff gears from 2:77:1 to 3:45:1 . cold air intake the lot... got it to the strip.. first run got a 16 flatt. again :< but the auto waz stuffin up.. shifter waz f**k :< the place i got it dyno'd at everytime is well known in the drag circuit.. pulls 9's everytime he out.. black rotary.. Dalton.
he rekon with that kind of jump in a 6cyl should pull low 15'ss so mate u gotta bit of catch'n upto do.. 3.2lt block with 3/9l injected head.. no engine work just cam.. c wat u can do because the ford 6cyl is full of possibilyties..
AT THE END OF THE DAY :at least u can say that u have been out there and experienced and givin it a shot... you'll catch the bug and wanna go faster.. Enjoy.. p.s. get a wade 1664 cam :D they do wounders for ya.. and 3:77:1 diff gears.. shift kit the auto.. it is possible just find a place that knows wat they r doin..

Ba Futura. on gas. lowerd, 17 xr wheels tint, ipod n bluetooth. nothin to xciting. does the job and goes cheap.

Posted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:47 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ford Falcon ED Gli Classic

WA, Australia

chr!s wrote:
Quote:
Yeah my mate made some ducting for me out of old VB cans, duct tape and mums old vacuum cleaner hose. Made it go much faster, because we put the pod filter behind the radiator fan so we thought it might be like a poor mans supercharger. You know, like forced induction. And we thought because the air is already warm behind the radiator, the car should go even faster cos the engine wont have to warm it up.

Quote:
Oh s**t, thanks dude.

you got to be friggin serious, i dont know who is dumber the guy trying to have us all on or the gimps who think he is serious and try and explain crap to him...

that is some funny stuff either way... :lol: :lol: :lol:

yeh man i with you. this is some funny s**t. nearly as good as bazza.

but i rekon with that setup u'll see at least a 14. if you know how to change gears u might get a 13.9, me mate dave did anyway, hes a good driver.

but with the xtra wieght of the esky it might hold u back, make sure u get one of those lightwieght carbonfibre ones. there a bit more expenisive but its worth the xtra dosh.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next