FG falcon BTR replacement 

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Post subject: FG falcon BTR replacement
Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2022 6:00 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: G6e

SA, Australia

Hey guys

so with all these FGs and new cars running ZFs etc we need coding done etc to the metroconic computer

my question is do i need to program / code if i replace the trans in my FG Egas falcon the 4 speed BTR

thanks in advance

Post subject: Re: FG falcon BTR replacement
Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:44 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

barraea wrote:
Hey guys

so with all these FGs and new cars running ZFs etc we need coding done etc to the metroconic computer

my question is do i need to program / code if i replace the trans in my FG Egas falcon the 4 speed BTR

thanks in advance

coz it's a 4sp box i don't believe you do ...... however i'm not 100% on that [maybe 90%?]. with the ZF it's a bit trickier as it needs to be coded or use same internal doovvalacky from the old in the new ... or so i believe..

Posted: Thu May 05, 2022 11:13 pm 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

Mad2 wrote:
barraea wrote:
Hey guys

thanks in advance

coz it's a 4sp box i don't believe you do ...... however i'm not 100% on that [maybe 90%?]. with the ZF it's a bit trickier as it needs to be coded or use same internal doovvalacky from the old in the new ... or so i believe..

ya that sounds right

now where do I get this 4 speed from would any BA- BF and FG fit it ?

unfortently i have heard years ago the AU and E series btr wont work

i got no idea why mine is so bad ive only had the car for the past 2k km and its just gotten worsei drive the car gently has a large trans cooler but once its warm its normal

Posted: Fri May 06, 2022 8:39 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

barraea wrote:
Mad2 wrote:
barraea wrote:
Hey guys

thanks in advance

ya that sounds right

i got no idea why mine is so bad ive only had the car for the past 2k km and its just gotten worsei drive the car gently has a large trans cooler but once its warm its normal

no you cannot use the earlier boxes. as far as i know - all BA/BF/FG 4 speeds same same - however i do NOT personally know if this is 100% true. what's wrong with your 4sp?.

Posted: Sun May 08, 2022 10:33 am 
Stock as a Rock

SA, Australia

Mad2 wrote:
barraea wrote:
Mad2 wrote:
barraea wrote:
Hey guys

thanks in advance

ya that sounds right

no you cannot use the earlier boxes. as far as i know - all BA/BF/FG 4 speeds same same - however i do NOT personally know if this is 100% true. what's wrong with your 4sp?.

My current 4sps slips

I bought the car and with in a few 100k it started doing it now I thought I milkshakes it so I cheeked oil and it's all ok fitted a external trans cooler bypassing radiator did a service

I've also filled it to the correct level engine running etc but it still seems to want to slip when cold for the first 5 to 6km of driving

I drive the car very respectful and am gentle on it to which has me confused

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]