Post subject: FG XR6 Exhaust / Flash / Induction
Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:11 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ford FG XR6

QLD, Australia

Hi All,

Help needed please!

Im doin my head in with all the information im trying to process ... I currently own an FG XR6 n/a and i want to get some work done to it.

I want to get headers, 2.5 exhaust, CIA, flash tune / dyno and ... i have been quoted $4400 from one place, and i thought, WTF! (this is a full Herrod system)
But as this will be the first time i have done anything to a car in AGES, i dont know if this is a reasonable price.

This is where YOU GUYS COME IN!! hahaha

Do i ;

a/ go for it and blow 2 months of pay

b/ search ebay for parts myself ( i have and their a f**k load cheaper) buy em and get someone to fit em for me

c/ or go for a cheap system like MIDAS would recommend lol

I dont want to get a cheap peice of s**t, and if spending a few extra bux ensures this than so be it, but i also have a budget ... and its deffinatly no over 4k!!! lol

If anyone has hints/recommendations/answers for me please post back ... You will stop global warming for your help!!! ;)

Thanks forum :D

FG XR6: Work in Progress

Progress% : 0

Last edited by BigAlsFGXR6 on Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: FG XR6 Exhaust / Flash / Induction
Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:19 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

Oh i forgot to add

I have been told that Herrod are most recommended for Ford as they work on fords only....

and that Pacemaker are the choice for headers ...

would anyone agree with this?

AND! goin back to the e-bay thing ... is there different types of manifold shapes between a BA - FG. Turbo - Non tubo engine blocks??

I worry cause if i buy an extractor off e-bay and its the wrong one, ill have to kick a kitten!

Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: 97 EL XR6

Power: 162 rwkw

NSW, Australia

extractors are only made for NA, so dont let turbo engines confuse you...

youll be able to get a full system in mild steel for about $1000-1200 fitted from most exhuast shops, depending on what you want, just shop around and bargain...

the pacemaker part number your after is PH4490 or PH4495 which is the comp edition.

extractors $450

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Ford-Falcon-BA-B ... 2c58a0d104

cat $150

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/100-CPSI-2-5-INC ... 5195d0ece2

dyno tune $600

xcal 3 $800
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/FLASH-TUNER-FORD ... 483b8f2f1e

air intake $200
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Falcon-FG-6CYL-X ... 51960e55bb

the whole setup shouldnt cost you more than $3000

07 BF MKII XR6T
310rwkw @ 13psi - Tuned By CMS

Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:08 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: AU111 XR6 VCT Supercharged

QLD, Australia

I noticed you're in Brisbane. That's pretty expensive for the work your proposing, and the likely gain...

If you're interested I can give you the number of a guy at Jamboree Heights who does high quality stainless exhausts for quite fair prices. He's a registered business focussing on the japanese turbo cars (turbo dumps, intakes, exhaust manifolds, large systems - all in stainless), but works from his garage. Just pm me. I currently have a 3inch mild steel system and when it needs upgrading I won't go anywhere else having seen his work first hand.

For flash tuning your best bet is most likely chiptorque, but you might save if you get the flashtuner and tune separately (you'd need to check that though).

Cheers,

Joe

FOR SALE! - Supercharged AUIII XR6 VCT, intercooled, T5, big brakes.... details in the 'For Sale' section - ford-parts-for-sale-f17/fs-supercharged-au-xr6-vct-series-iii-intercooled-rwc-rego-t114254.html

Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:14 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

Thanks for your reply guys, i appriciate your time.

Thanks for the offer Joe, but id rather get something fitted at a shop with a warrenty, and im not very adventurous when it comes to a full custom setup ... im a simple man and would prefer something ready made ;)

and Thank you Fast-XR for your help too, i think i saw a couple of those items you listed on e-bay aswell, so i guess im on the right track!
However, and i appologize in advance for my lack of knowlege and 'newbie'ness lol ... but the pacemaker extractors u put up there says its for a BA-BF .... i own an FG .... is there any difference between the two engines? i would have guessed no, but seeing as they specifically say BA-BF it got me thinking ...

Once again, i appologize in advance, but with the Flash tuner ... from what i have read and tryed to understand about these little devices, they have all got pre-set tuneds, am i right?
e.g standard mode, performace mode, off the wall mode (sorta thing)
So would they be a plug and play thing? i.e plug it in ur car, select 'perforamce mode' or what ever ... and bam off she goes?
Or do they need to use it to custom tune your car as an individual?

AND i have been told that Hi-Flo cats are a wank and do sweet FA ..... Thoughs??

Once again guys, i really appriciate all of your help, i dont mean to be a dumb a** when it comes to all the tech stuff, but sometimes its easier to have a person explane it simply rather than brouchers of a web site, or some dude from a shop trying to make a profit, you know :)

Cheers Forum, hope to hear from yas soon!

Posted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: 97 EL XR6

Power: 162 rwkw

NSW, Australia

i know anotherr FG on here running PH4495, he has tune, air intake, 3" exhaust, cat, and makes 200rwkw

the flash box will have preset tunes, but better option is to have it custom tuned for your peice of mind, and for an optimum result

on an NA car a cat wont make alot of difference, but while your at it you may as well do it for the small extra cost....

07 BF MKII XR6T
310rwkw @ 13psi - Tuned By CMS

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]