Fordmods Logo

fitting an AU head gasket 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: fitting an AU head gasket
Posted: Sat May 14, 2005 12:36 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

is everything done as if it was an EB in my case gasket?same tensions ect?and anything special that needs to be done to stop the oil that always leaks out of timing cover under head?
cheers chris

97 el xr6,5 speed short shifter,sequential scoop,no arial,freshly resprayed,low on 17's,3 inch zorst,stainless hi flo cat,snort stage 3 stainless manifold,garrett t04e,front mount cooler,wolf 3d ecu,seimens 760cc injectors,walbro fuel pump

Posted: Sat May 14, 2005 12:42 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

I dunno what the deal is with the EB's. But when I looked up the head gasket for an AU Series 3 at work and for an EF it was the same part number, dunno what the deal is there - did it when i read that the AU head gaskets were the best. You might find that ACA who seem to make most of the gaskets and that Repco and Supercheap and what not sell figured out the AU gaskets better and now only list and sell AU gaskets for all the models that they'll fit.

Posted: Sat May 14, 2005 3:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: el faimont, dual fuel

VIC, Australia

for timing cover leaking some blue silicone will fix it,
see link,
http://www.eafalcon.com/techpages/mecha ... /index.htm

why do u write in here.

Posted: Sun May 15, 2005 9:27 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

The best way to stop the leak is to lighty smear Flange Sealant on both sides of the seal before installing. Also make sure all surfaces are clean enough to eat off otherwise any sealant will not work properly.

Locitite 515 flange sealant is 100 times better than blue RTV. It is anerobic, meaning it only dries when between surfaces. Which also means it won't have stringy excesses like RTV which come off and clog radiator cores, oil pickups, etc. If the mating surface is ever intentionally split again 515 will realease easier than RTV. If done properly I guarantee 515 will never leak. The only time 515 will not work very well is when there is a significant gap in the mating surface, i.e poor mating or partial gasket replacement.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]