Flash Tuner 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Flash Tuner
Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:20 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: FG XR6

VIC, Australia

Hi there,

This is my 1st post so please bear with me. As im a noob at all this stuff i was after some advice please. I have a 09 FG XR6 (non turbo) and was thinking of getting a flash tune. I was wondering how this works - is a matter of taking my car to my local Dyno and they do it for me or do i have to buy one of those devices and do it my self? Also what can i expect power wise from this - how many KW does it boost my car. Also i was wanting to do my exhaust system as well, is it best to do this before getting a flash tune?? and what are a few other inexpensive things i can do to boost the performance of my vechicle. Any advise would be greatly appreciated

FG XR6 (NA) 4495 PACEMAKER EXTRACTORS, HI FLOW CAT, 2 1/2 CAT BACK EXHAUST, VG V8 SNORKEL AND AIR BOX. Custom Tune (Herrod Motors) 166rwkw, 518NM

Post subject: Re: Flash Tuner
Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:16 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 19 images

Ride: 2008 BF MKII 07 Upgrade XR6T

VIC, Australia

Flash tune, about the best thing I have done to my BA so far. It all depends on how much money you are looking at spending. You need a Flash Tune box first, I believe you can still purchase them at Repco, I bought mine at Repco, but not 100% on that. Call C.A.P.A and find out where they retail they're tune boxes. I had mine tuned at Chiptorque motorsport. Do all of you're minor mods before the tune as well, because everything you do before the tune, will help you're car with its max potential while being tuned. When i got mine done, I had an F6 airbox, KnN panel filter and extractors, now, i cheaped out on my tune, i got a tune they pretty much have for cheap BA drivers as a base tune, BA with extractors an air intake. I would suggest spending the extra and getting them to tune youre car specifically for what it can push out. If you can make heads or tails of what i say, i applaud you haha but with my tune, i didnt get my car on the dyno, so i dont know what the power difference was, but, it makes my car feel like i put the 4.0l into an excel :)

Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:45 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: FG XR6

VIC, Australia

Ok so i get all my mods that i want to do first, buy a flash unit and have it flashed.. If i want a custom flash do your local Mechanic shop do this with your flash devise or are there speciality places that do this and if it is the latter and as i live in Bendigo Victoria can some one please link me up with places that do this in Victoria.

FG XR6 (NA) 4495 PACEMAKER EXTRACTORS, HI FLOW CAT, 2 1/2 CAT BACK EXHAUST, VG V8 SNORKEL AND AIR BOX. Custom Tune (Herrod Motors) 166rwkw, 518NM

Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:40 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

either speak to Simon/Dave @ Nizpro or Rob Herrod @ Herrod motorsport & they will help you if your close enough

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]