Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: Flat Spots A-GO GO
Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:48 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EFII Fairmont

WA, Australia

A couple of things.

I have a flat spot in the morning that I don't think is intake vacuum orientated. It might be plugs.

When I start it in the morning. Revs go high, then settle down with a temporary rough idle that lasts for about 5 seconds, after that it's smooth. Then I put it in reverse and the idle is rough again like it's flooded. Go out in the street, put it in drive, and she moves off. Goes into 1st, 20kmh, 30 kmh, but when it gently goes into 2nd, theres a flat spot there where the pedal does nothing, just like it's flooded for a second, then comes good.
Doesn't happen again. And the idle becomes smooth aswell.
But sometimes it can come back even when it's hot, at the same speed in the same gear, I can put the pedal to the metal but the flat spot doesn't make the car wanna go until it passes. So the power curves goes up, up into 2nd gear, power curve falls away, hits 3rd and then the power comes on almost like a friggen turbo, until you back it off.
Could that be bad firing plugs?

The other problem is my Air-con.
When I switch it on the revs go down about 200rpm instead of up, and when it's in drive the engine is extremely rough because of it. Vibrates like mad.
With the air-con rev thing, could this be a sticky ICS, or a bad ICS gasket.
What could I look for there?

The intake manifold gasket is new, and a spray of Throttle cleaner around the intake and hoses produces no rev symptoms?

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]