Fordmods Logo

Ford BA `05 LPG Won't start. Starter/Throttle Replaced. 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: Ford BA `05 LPG Won't start. Starter/Throttle Replaced.
Posted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:12 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Falcon BA 2005 Factory LPG

QLD, Australia

Hello people, this is first time using these forums and I am in a bit of a pickle trying to figure out what is wrong with my BA.

Inspection:
Last time I drove it there were no problems at all, took it home and parked it, came out the next day to try and start it but it just wouldn't turn the motor, so I figured, its the starter motor! however upon opening the hood I noticed the Throttle Body was clicking, or should I say the throttle valve motor was clicking, it was trying to open then would shut after a split second.

1st Fix Attempt:
I opened the throttle body motor that connects to the valve up and noticed some connectors along the coil of the motor at bottom was degraded and even some bits fell out as if the contact was fragmented, so after a bit of time realizing I couldn't fix this I bought a second hand one that is in good condition (checks out ok). The problem persisted.

2nd Fix Attempt:
I finally found a good deal on a new starter motor, swapped her out, problem persists. :(

The motor did turn over and start a couple times but conks out after a few seconds, likely because the throttle was choking the engine.

If anyone has experienced this problem before where it isn't the starter or the throttle could the please help. I'm wondering if the computer has some error code tripped?, also could a fuse cause such a issue? power is clearly getting to the throttle/starter motor.

PS. I can't afford a mechanic and tow at this stage, I need to resolve this myself if possible!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]