Fordmods Logo

ford EL falcon (randomally died and has no spark) 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: ford EL falcon (randomally died and has no spark)
Posted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:16 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: ford

TAS, Australia

FORD EL falcon has no spark
Replaced dizzi/(new cap/rotor)
Tried coil of a going falcon
Replaced BCM/programmed
Checked CRT(& all fuses/(green relay).

(Randomally stopped and died found it had no spark. So i replaced dizzi. still had no spark till i tapped the BCM while cranking it over snd seen spark (put it in and it fired up (idled and reved fine for 2 minutrs then died ) no spark again..... replaced the BCM/programmed it and does what it should..

Post subject: Re: ford EL falcon (randomally died and has no spark)
Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:33 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: ea falcon

NSW, Australia

Maybe when you hit the dash and thought you moved a bad connection in the BCM, you actually disturbed one in the ignition switch? That's my thought anyway.

EA falcon(S-Pac) AU engine and injector's, EL BBM conversion,K&N pod,EL ECU,T5 5speed,EL Streering rack, EL Brake system, Extractor's 2 1/2in high flow cat, through 2 1/2in mandrel bent pipe with Lukey Performance muffler

Posted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:51 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: ford

TAS, Australia

Yeah might look at that its weird:/ i replaced dizzi still had no spark then taped bcm and had sparkplug sitting on engine seen it spark and then put it in started it idled/reved a1 for a minute then died and lost spark ( next day checked coil to see if it was sparking as it was b4 and it didnt then i lent one of a mates going falcon and still didnt spark ( checked coil plug seems good ect havent done any tests as of yet.

Posted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:44 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: el fairmont

ACT, Australia

tfi on the side of the dizzy gives the pulse for the coil and signal for injectors the sensor inside the dizzy are also prone to failure ,these dizzy's are absolute rubbish i replaced 6 in my el in a 4 year period ,the Chinese ones are total crap i had one last 1 week another one the hall effect sensor fell off the plate inside the dizzy smashing into the vane plate ,you need a dizzy from a working car so you know its not a dud and check it spins easy if not there is a hole in the side of the shaft put some oil in this hole and keep spinning it until it turns freely and make sure you fit it all the way in and time it the correct way as most people do it wrong ps be sure your interior light is working as this fuse powers the bcm

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]