Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Post subject: Re: ford el help
Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:12 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

bam1992 wrote:
The plate said ef and mine says el and have run the com in mine aswell unless they changed the whole ecu harness don't have the car nemore to check funny how no one would help this guy out until someone else tried hey I'm no mechanic everything I know I've learned by trial and error no need to be d$&@$ about it same as there is heaps of guys on here with el turbos but no one can seem to tell me what I need to know in topic el turbo be a bit nicer jeez

Try some punctuation so we can understand what you are trying to say. See Below

The plate said EF and mine said EL. I have run the comp in mine as well, unless they changed the whole ECU harness. Don't have the car any more to check.
Funny how no one would help this guy out until someone else tried.
Hey, I'm no mechanic, everything I know I've learned by trial and error.
No need to be d$&@$ about it. Same as there is heaps of guys on here with EL turbos but no one can seem to tell me what I need to know in topic "EL turbo". Be a bit nicer. Jeez.

If you had left your first statement too,
bam1992 wrote:
Fit a new com or cheap second hand one and see if it starts could be lots of things try wreckers doesn't matter if manual or auto

You would then have been correct, but you had to add,
bam1992 wrote:
ef to el all should get it started if that's the problem

That is the incorrect part.

Then you tried to justify yourself with a load of s**t. There is no way in the world that a EL loom is going to plug into an EF ECU (Unless you use a hammer) or vice versa. The plugs are totally different in the number of pins as has been stated. Even after being told this you still try and justify your incorrect statement.

As for your request on info on Turboing your EL, ask correctly with the right punctuation and you may get an anwser.

Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:44 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: ford falcon el xr6

NSW, Australia

Lol are u serious, This ain't school sir. It's not sh$@ my ef com is manual and I put in in my xr6 like I said. Maybe when they did the conversion they changed the harness. But it was an ef on the compliance plate. If you can read you don't need punctuation to understand what I wrote. But I'll try it you're way. :D

boosted El xr6, 3 inch exhaust, machined ba 17s, super low king springs,koni shocks, custom regring by wade cams, 5 spd manual, xtreme heavy duty clutch and now much more

Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:05 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

There. I rewrote it with punctuation. It's topic (el turbo),so if anyone has any idea I would appreciate it. Also if anyone one knows if 4 guage amp wire would work to put the battery in the boot. Thank you and sorry I put up the wrong info, it was one car I just drove the f:;k out of. I only pulled the manual, the LSD and computer out of it.

boosted El xr6, 3 inch exhaust, machined ba 17s, super low king springs,koni shocks, custom regring by wade cams, 5 spd manual, xtreme heavy duty clutch and now much more

Last edited by bam1992 on Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:07 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

bam1992 wrote:
Lol are u serious, This ain't school sir. It's not sh$@ my ef com is manual and I put in in my xr6 like I said. Maybe when they did the conversion they changed the harness. But it was an ef on the compliance plate. If you can read you don't need punctuation to understand what I wrote. But I'll try it you're way. :D

IF you want help with A problem you would best be noice to grumps as he does have lot of info tucked away in he's head.

me i woulda ignored ya ... even tho i could understand your point :mrgreen:

Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:23 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

Yes I'm trying to, It's just super frustrating and stressfull, trying to explain myself 10 times. I joined this site because I needed help, like I said I'm no mechanic. I just need a bit of help wich is what I thought this site was for. Not drama if I wanted that I'd make a Facebook account.

Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:38 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

bam1992 wrote:

Yes, I am serious. It won't hurt at all to punctuate properly and it makes it a hell off a lot easier to understand what you are try to ask or say. I can read quite well, but usually when I see punctuation like yours or crap spelling, I don't bother replying. Maybe others see the same way and that is why you get no replies. I only replied due to your incorrect information.

Glad to see that you have "seen the light" and have punctuated well. Keep up the good effort.

PS:
Understand again, An EF ECU WILL NOT plug into an EL wiring loom, no matter how hard you try or what you have to say. Did the "EF" have a dizzy?

Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:24 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

Yes. I understand, like I said they must have changed the harness in the ef I had to an el. I had no idea they would bother doing that. Any idea on topic (el turbo). Anyway now I know. also will a j3 work exactly the same in a GLI as an xr6, because the auto computer I have in mine is tripped somehow, It has no limiters including speed limiter. Or is the fuel/air mixture or timing different.

Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:34 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

XR ECU's are not speed limited. XR ECU's have different fuel maps for the 300kpa Reg, also have shift changes on the auto to suit the 3.45:1 diff. The J3 will work fine in a GLi or Futura ECU as you will be remapping the fuel maps fue to the Turbo. .

There would be no need to require using an XR6 ECU.

Also with the J3 you could use a Auto ECU, only issue being that if you pull the J3 for any reason the over ride on the Auto will be gone.

Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:21 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

It's a GLI computer and my xr6 computer was limited to 189, I held it flat nearly the whole of Summerland way and it held that speed. Also would only go to 5800 revs. thank you for the info on the j3 though and again just going off my original 1996 el falcon, don't know about ones you've driven.

Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:24 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

When the 6cyl is speed limited, GLi, Futura etc, Ford did it to 180kph. Maybe your Speedo was out.

Are you sure it was a XR6 ECU?

Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:28 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

Yes it was. And no the speedo is good, because with my GLI manual computer it would hold at 180 and with my GLI auto computer I've had it to 215.

Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:34 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

I will put the code on here when I find it. I think my brother has it somewhere, but for now could you please help with the turbo thing. if your not too busy, the topic is (el turbo). And it is punctuated.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2